WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Omega 2254.50, GSAR, Ocean Rover 2, G-Shocks, Nixon
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like the look of this watch. Not a lot of info on them.
Anyone have one or handled one?

44mm is a bit outside my comfort zone.

A24C820E-BA34-44D1-AE17-01616DE8ABA3.jpeg

·
Premium Member
4,982 Posts
As a seasoning, miso is quite versatile and shouldn't be limited to use in Japanese cuisine. It adds a level of umami or savoriness to dishes. Miso soup, which most will be familiar with, is quite delicious.

EDIT: OP, don't even pretend you didn't edit your subject line. ;)

·
Registered
371 Posts
I’m guessing a title or post got edited from miso ; )

44mm is too big for me too, but I like how the 24-hour chapter ring insets the dial nicely. Feels more proportioned than the non-GMT ones with the all-flat dial.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I love Mido watches. It isn't particularly thick and wears very comfortably, but it is definitely a 44mm watch. The Mido adjustable bracelet is a dream. There is essentially zero presence of Mido here in the States which makes it a value proposition. The fit and finish is on par with any of the upper mid-tier watches like Oris, Hamilton and Longines and the movement has an 80 hour power reserve. It is also very flavorful when coated with miso.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I believe this is the same GMT movement with the jump hour hand as found in the Certina and Alpina GMT watches. If so, this makes this watch a very good travel companion once we can all start traveling again.

I particularly like how this design provides for both a GMT scale on the chapter ring and a diver's bezel for actually timing things. I really prefer this design over having the 24 hour scale on the bezel insert as I time things every day, but only track alternative time zones occasionally.

I'd probably already own it if it were 42mm.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Love GMT dive watches that still retain the actual elapsed time dive bezels. Don't understand "dive watches" with rotating GMT bezels... you can already track 2 time zones with the GMT hand...

·
Registered
843 Posts
I own the blue version, but also tried on the black and orange and also the two-tone versions.

Great watch, clean and uncluttered, sits well on the wrist and I'm very happy with my purchase. I went in wanting the blue but was sorely tempted by the orange.

In the end, I decided the blue was a bit more subtle and also I have enough divers on bracelets already. If you're going for "sporty", the orange is the one for you.

Can't go wrong with either, though.

The two-tone was the biggest surprise for me - I'm generally not a fan but it was lovely.

Edit: some crap real-world pics here: This is the all-new, most current, official NTH thread

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
843 Posts
I love Mido watches. It isn't particularly thick and wears very comfortably, but it is definitely a 44mm watch. The Mido adjustable bracelet is a dream. There is essentially zero presence of Mido here in the States which makes it a value proposition. The fit and finish is on par with any of the upper mid-tier watches like Oris, Hamilton and Longines and the movement has an 80 hour power reserve. It is also very flavorful when coated with miso.
View attachment 15509723
Interesting that you out a bracelet on the blue!

I was toying with getting the bracelet as a back up / alternative, but really enjoy the strap on this one.

Any chance of more pics?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea I'm loving the sportiness/tool look of the orange and black. Thinking its a bit too big for me. Ideal is 42mm and 48-50 lug to lug.

·
Premium Member
36,117 Posts
Great looking watch. IMHO, MIdo watches always wear very comfy and thinner than specs, so you might be able to pull it off.

I really like it. Good luck.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Can anyone measure this one? Is it 44mm with the crown or to the crown?

Thank you.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Also where does one get a Mido serviced? It's not a standard ETA2824 or a Breitling, tudor, omega, etc so I'm not sure if your typically watch shop would be able to service it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
What's the lug to lug measurement. Even though it's 44mm but if the lug to lug is under 50mm it might be wearable on my wrist

·
Registered
843 Posts
Will try to find time to dig out the calipers tomorrow and check.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts