WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this game and interested in a Mido multisport (not multifort) automatic with day/date and gold plated and stainless steel case. It is described as very rare. It is a handsome and simple watch and appears to be in very good condition from the photos. Can someone give me an idea of their collectibility and value please. What sort of price should I pay for this watch?

·
Premium Member
39,698 Posts
I know you've just joined, but it's a good idea to check the rules first - we don't do valuations here.
It's a tricky thing to do, and asking a bunch of other watch enthusiasts might give a very wide range of answers. Your best bet is to get over to chrono24 to give you an idea, or search for completed listings on ebay to give you an idea.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
I have a couple of MIDOs. They're an excellent, entry level Swiss brand. You get very good value for your money, good quality and nice designs. There isn't anything "collectible" about them (but the same goes for 99.99% of watches) and just because someone says it's "rare", that doesn't mean it's necessarily worth anything more than any other comparable MIDO on the resale market. A watch is worth what you're willing to pay for it. If you want to get a sense of market value, all you can really do is scour the Internet to find past sales and prices and use that as a gauge.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
is this new or vintage?

if new, then I suppose it's easy to do some price comparison, if it's an older/vintage piece, that could be a bit tricky ...

it'll be mostly on you, do you think it's worth that much of your money?

one comparison you can do is look around for (1) similar quality and (2) similar price.

See what's out there you can get for the same amount of the Mido,
or
see what's out there with the same spec/style

1 - 5 of 5 Posts