WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Sweet! I love the Japanese day complication. HAQ watches are the best.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet! I love the Japanese day complication. HAQ watches are the best.
They're really cool marvels of technology, +-20 seconds a year? Nuts. Funny how they cost more than double of a "King Seiko" mechanical watch (now it's quite reversed) when they originally sold.

·
Registered
145 Posts
They're really cool marvels of technology, +-20 seconds a year? Nuts. Funny how they cost more than double of a "King Seiko" mechanical watch (now it's quite reversed) when they originally sold.
At least they're climbing in prices now. I've been in the market for a King Quartz or Grand Quartz for a while and examples with a grammar of design case without hooded lugs have been around the same price or more than mechanical King Seikos.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
At least they're climbing in prices now. I've been in the market for a King Quartz or Grand Quartz for a while and examples with a grammar of design case without hooded lugs have been around the same price or more than mechanical King Seikos.
Interesting - most of the King Quartz I've run across have been very economically priced compared to their mechanical counterparts. How much did the examples of the non-hooded lugs with GoD King Seikos go for when you were looking at them?

·
Premium Member
42,616 Posts
Very nice and unique.

Hope you enjoy it.

·
Registered
Omega Constellation, Stowa Partitio, , Steinhart, Limes Endurance Neptun Vintage: Tissot, Bulova.
398 Posts
Couldn't resist. Fell in love with my King Seiko, and decided that a HAQ King Quartz shall join it.

Grammar of design? How about: Grammar of Spending.

(Photo is from the seller - I'll post wrist & other fun pics of the watch when I receive it)

View attachment 16364026

What do you all think?
Looks great! Did you buy vintage or are they still available new? Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,794 Posts
I used to hate Quartz.
No more.
I now own two.
Times change !

Reactions: JNW1 and MrFoo

·
Registered
998 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Interesting - most of the King Quartz I've run across have been very economically priced compared to their mechanical counterparts. How much did the examples of the non-hooded lugs with GoD King Seikos go for when you were looking at them?
I've been seeing around $300 minimum for King and Grand Quartz grammar of design models. $400-500 for some nicer ones. The QT, QZ, and QR models seem to be a lot cheaper, though.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Nice watch... and you won't catch any quartz hate from me!
Watch Hand Analog watch Azure Clock
Watch Analog watch Clock Everyday carry Silver

1 - 20 of 22 Posts