WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
I have the TAG Heuer model WAF2010.BA0818 which was discontinued awhile back. What I'm wondering is that if this automatic tells perfect time in a 24 hour period, but then loses maybe 10-15 seconds on the second day (a full 48 hours), does that mean it needs an overhaul?? I thought maybe if it lost time during a 12 hour period or so, then it would defintely need an overhaul, but I'm not sure now. What do you guys think?
I'd appreciate any and all replies!
Thanks.

·
Registered
798 Posts
i think +/-15 sec per day is normal deviation for automatic movement.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I am keeping track of mine against 2 'references' (WAF2011 white face D/D) and I am gaining almost 6 seconds in a 24-hr period...we're doing about the same.

The -4/+6 COSC standard is generous...but I don't mind my watch stays within the limit.

·
Registered
20,572 Posts
Hi all.
I have the TAG Heuer model WAF2010.BA0818 which was discontinued awhile back. What I'm wondering is that if this automatic tells perfect time in a 24 hour period, but then loses maybe 10-15 seconds on the second day (a full 48 hours), does that mean it needs an overhaul?? I thought maybe if it lost time during a 12 hour period or so, then it would defintely need an overhaul, but I'm not sure now. What do you guys think?
I'd appreciate any and all replies!
Thanks.

One of typical characteristics of the ETA.2836 is that it only keeps perfect time for the first 24-28 hours once fully wound, if you let the watch run to the second day without wearing or winding it the power reserve will drop and it will slightly lose time, at the end of the power reserve (e.g > 35 hours later) a drop in accuracy of several seconds is to expect.

If the watch keeps perfect time in the first 24H I think it's in excellent shape, try to manually wind the watch every 24 hours to see if the current day's accuracy remains identical to the previous day.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One of typical characteristics of the ETA.2836 is that it only keeps perfect time for the first 24-28 hours once fully wound, if you let the watch run to the second day without wearing or winding it the power reserve will drop and it will slightly lose time, at the end of the power reserve (e.g > 35 hours later) a drop in accuracy of several seconds is to expect.

If the watch keeps perfect time in the first 24H I think it's in excellent shape, try to manually wind the watch every 24 hours to see if the current day's accuracy remains identical to the previous day.
Thanks for all the replies. I thought it has an ETA-2824 in it. So it looks like I at least don't need to spend hundreds on an overhaul yet. But that reminds me...how much would TAG charge for this model, do any of you know? $250-300 or so??

·
Banned
668 Posts
Sell me the watch and I will remise to take good care of it

Check out some watches w/o the screw down crown. Easy to keep wound and great time keepers
I have a Zeno GMT it rocks

Thanks for all the replies. I thought it has an ETA-2824 in it. So it looks like I at least don't need to spend hundreds on an overhaul yet. But that reminds me...how much would TAG charge for this model, do any of you know? $250-300 or so??

·
Banned
668 Posts
BTW: I believe it is also known as Caliber 5 in the next version or model. The WAB 2011 is amazing in that it has the Sea Master look
Kinda wish I never sold mine. New owner likes it though

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BTW: I believe it is also known as Caliber 5 in the next version or model. The WAB 2011 is amazing in that it has the Sea Master look
Kinda wish I never sold mine. New owner likes it though
Yeah, but the newest version is only something like 38mm or so (cases), way too small for me. I'll go down to 40mm, but prefer 41-44mm. I do have the 2010 model WAN2111.BA0822, but I like the olders ones better (I have the black older one I'm actually wearing now). I'm not even sure why I like TAGs so much. Their quality control is not so good (I've had issues with crowns), but I just like the way the Aquaracers look, even though there's no new ones that float my boat. And I like their quartz models too. I heard a guy say, and this could be a common thing among "watch guys", "TAGs are basically the poor man's Rolex". That's totalnonsense since Rolex is just a mid-level luxury watch and dozens of brands make Rolex look like Casios in comparison, but also because there's plenty of TAGs costing over 5 grand and you can buy a basically new Rolex for under $5,000. And they're also the most overrated watch brand on earth (by far). They just happen to have the greatest marketing campaign in the history of the world and so when asked, people will always say the best watch you can buy is Rolex. My favorite Swiss/ German brands in no particular order: Sinn, Tutima, Stowa, Omega, TAG and Mido. No Breitlings for me; another overrated watch and kinda ugly on top of that IMO.
Sorry for rambling lol...I really got off the subject there.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry, I was wrong about the WAB 2011...it is the older model of the black one I have, is it not? I actually had the blue also but sold it to get some funds for a Sinn.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts