WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, ive had my milgauss for a few years now and love it to bits. this weekend however it nearly came off my wrist, one of the screw pins that holds the bracelet links together had (unknown to me) been slowly unwinding itself, it came out of the bracelet and ive no idea where it is but we were walking back from a restaurent in bristol so could be anywhere, the watch began so fall and i managed to hold it, but im now trying to find a replacement pin.........god knew it would be this difficult.
I have no spare links in my watch box.the links in the watch measure 0.8 thread diamter, 1.7mm shaft diameter, and is a total of 15.5mm long.
searches on the internet have proved challenging.
we went to the jewellry qtr in birmingham, apparently most shops will sell me a complete link (with the pin) and fit it for £100.............
this isnt gonna happen, have managed to find a supplier that has offered to make a pin and fit it for £20
whilst this is a better option if find it frustrating that it is so difficult to find just a replacement pin, never had problems with spring bars before. the screws are gonna get a bit of thread lock on them.
does any one know where i could get these screw pins from (just in case..)

thanks

·
Premium Member
10,448 Posts
Hi, ive had my milgauss for a few years now and love it to bits. this weekend however it nearly came off my wrist, one of the screw pins that holds the bracelet links together had (unknown to me) been slowly unwinding itself, it came out of the bracelet and ive no idea where it is but we were walking back from a restaurent in bristol so could be anywhere, the watch began so fall and i managed to hold it, but im now trying to find a replacement pin.........god knew it would be this difficult.
I have no spare links in my watch box.the links in the watch measure 0.8 thread diamter, 1.7mm shaft diameter, and is a total of 15.5mm long.
searches on the internet have proved challenging.
we went to the jewellry qtr in birmingham, apparently most shops will sell me a complete link (with the pin) and fit it for £100.............
this isnt gonna happen, have managed to find a supplier that has offered to make a pin and fit it for £20
whilst this is a better option if find it frustrating that it is so difficult to find just a replacement pin, never had problems with spring bars before. the screws are gonna get a bit of thread lock on them.
does any one know where i could get these screw pins from (just in case..)

thanks
Check with your local RSC (I believe the UK service Centre is in Kent) and I'm sure they can replace your lost pin for a nominal charge. And you won't have to worry about the fit. And while you're at it you can have them check the other pins' tightness.

Since you have no extra links I assume you've never adjusted the bracelet? If I were you, I'd probably complain to them how a bracelet link screw could come loose while you've never tempered with them? Maybe they will replace the lost pin, free of charge, even with an apology no less.

a watch is meant to be worn

1 - 2 of 2 Posts