WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here is the deal...I really like the look of the regular GD-100 with the negative display...and looks like the best price is around 87 usd...but now I've found the military black version...GD-100MS-1 red face (the neg display military version is dark green)....and I think it looks even better...but right now....I can only find it for 155 usd + shipping....do you guys think the price will come down...or is the military version a japan only?? Here are some pics....should purchase now or wait...or just buy the regular GD-100??

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Nice question I thought it would be a cheaper watch I bought mine Black on Black for 80-90 Bucks and thought that the green one would be the same price... But I think it's a little early to be making prices on watches that not even CASIO announced to consumers

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have several other military g-shocks...so it would be nice to continue the theme...but I do like the neg display and the decreased price...however the silver circles on the GD-100 does not win me over.....also the pinkish accent is'nt that bad when you see the watch in person....

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
I have several other military g-shocks...so it would be nice to continue the theme...but I do like the neg display and the decreased price...however the silver circles on the GD-100 does not win me over.....also the pinkish accent is'nt that bad when you see the watch in person....
I'm not entierly positive that they're silver... on my negarive display it looks "silver" on PR shot but it's actually just a "silverish" colored plastic (more dark gray than silver).

Anyhow, I fail to understand what exactly is the difference between this one and regular negative display one that I have? Is it just a different color of negative display? (Mine seem "yelowish" and this one seems "whiteish"...)

Not sure... one this is certain GD-100 doesn't get a lot of love here but it should... it's a fantastic model than I fail to understand why isn't it gaining more traction here... :think:

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I think GD-100 it's a great model and will become more and more appreciated with time just give this model some time...and more colours

I will do a GD-100 AYAKO series for soon... just to try conquer you that doesn't like this model yet...

Love mine even knowing that it's a custom one...

·
Registered
201 Posts
where are you buying them from? I am interested in them to?

I think GD-100 it's a great model and will become more and more appreciated with time just give this model some time...and more colours

I will do a GD-100 AYAKO series for soon... just to try conquer you that doesn't like this model yet...

Love mine even knowing that it's a custom one...

·
Registered
63 Posts
What are some military g shock models? I am a sucker for anything military. If you want pm me the model numbers. Thanks.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have the military versions of the 6900, mudman and frog....a quick google search will give you details of model # and price...not sure why this model is so expensive...150usd maybe will be japan only release and not worldwide?? I think also the dials stand out more with the neg face as opposed to the pinkish model...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts