WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
For thoses who are intetrested by the topic here is my last addition to my collection a DW-9000 issued in the French Navy for the combat divers

This one was issued in Lorient year 1998 serial number 43

and here are some pics of the French military divers where you can spot the G-Shock

cheers
JM

·
Registered
570 Posts
Cool stuff Jean Michel, very nice.

Good to see a watch promoted in such a way, and is so adaptable to stand up to the rigors of both diving and combat.

·
Registered
783 Posts
very nice post, those are the best pictures iv seen so far of military frogmen and a G-shock.:-!

hoochy,

from owning a 9052 i say its very identical to the 9000 but just barely different enought to be able to distinguish the two. either watch is a good beater watch that never seems to get beaten no matter what you do to it..:think: :-d

·
Banned
5,568 Posts
Nice addition :-! . The DW-9000 is a great G IMO. Mine has the leather/nylon band.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It looks like I see an DW-002 JP model (with the orange buttons). Probably purchased directly from Casio. I found BTW esterday a Japanes article about G-Shock used in the ARMY.

Cheers,

Sjors
like this one ?

JM

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Hi JM,
Good to see you mate! Always good to see pics of Gs used as they were meant to be rather than as a fashion accessory on the arm of some rapper :-d
Cheers,
Bruce

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Hi JM,
Good to see you mate! Always good to see pics of Gs used as they were meant to be rather than as a fashion accessory on the arm of some rapper :-d
Cheers,
Bruce
Some rappers live pretty tough lives too.
Such as getting attack by fans, walking their pitbulls, intense car washs with models, getting shot at, or car chase/crash with cops.:-d

Not to mention all those arm waving, and jumping during performance.

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Some rappers live pretty tough lives too.
Such as getting attack by fans, walking their pitbulls, intense car washs with models, getting shot at, or car chase/crash with cops.:-d

Not to mention all those arm waving, and jumping during performance.
:-d

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
It looks like it's missing some pieces. Look at the red arrows compared to the green ones.

Attachments

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It looks like it's missing some pieces. Look at the red arrows compared to the green ones.
yep they are missing but it seems that they are for decoration purpoise only, but they do fell of during action

JM

·
Banned
5,568 Posts
I have all the pins in mine but the rubber/plastic covers are missing from 2 of them.

·
Banned
5,568 Posts
Hey Sjors,

I believe you are correct that they are metal. Looking at it, I kind of like the way the all black looks. But the contrast of the metal on the black looks pretty sharp as well. Maybe I'll have to be on the lookout for another 9000 so I can have one with the covers on and one with the metal pins showing :-d .

Now that I think about it, the DW-9000 I sent to shakyjake all the pins were missing. And it was one very similarto the one JM did his test on.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts