1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Yes- it is a fake

A few reasons:

As you noted - a dial with stubbies.
Spring bars should be fixed.
Serial number on case back is wrong (A/254/67). Without going into the details (I can PM you if you want to know the exact details) this is a calssic indication that someone other than the MoD engraved the numbers on the back of the watch.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
I would be careful about that. The best we can do is report these guys to eBAY and hope that they remove the listing. This rarely works, but IMO the way to get involved when you are not directly a party in the auction.

The seller lives just down the road from me. Should I pop round and tell him to stop selling fakes?

·
Registered
504 Posts
I'm no expert on Vintage SM300s but I picked up these pictures of what appears to be an authentic one from chronomaster.co.uk for comparison (they want $1160 for it).

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Auction states No Refunds, too ;-)
i'm guessing the seller sold it and the buyer rejected it because it was fake. hence the re-sale (and the no refund).

the seller hasn't even got the movement right. it should be a 552 (non-date) not a 562 (date).

·
Registered
582 Posts
I would be careful about that. The best we can do is report these guys to eBAY and hope that they remove the listing. This rarely works, but IMO the way to get involved when you are not directly a party in the auction.
Joe, as someone who has not won a fight since the second grade, I would not really directly confront this person b-)

·
Registered
2,432 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
What is it about the SM300 that makes is one of the most faked Omega's?

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What is it about the SM300 that makes is one of the most faked Omega's?
it's very aesthetically appealing. to my mind, more so than many current omega watches.

wish i had one. ;-)

still looking for bits for my project too! :-(

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
From my perceived understanding, most of the fakes come from the Orient. Don't know how that directly affects eBay.co.uk?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
You can come across them if you look hard enough, are patient.... and a bit lucky and still get one for decent money...
Oh and by the way, this one came off a woman in the UK, yep, you guessed it, Ebay...

:)

I've just got a new crystal, seals, etc. for it, when I get a bit of time I'll pop them on...

·
Registered
504 Posts
Kieron, has yours been redialed?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts