WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am/have been looking for a Seiko SNX427.

I love the way it looks and it gets great reviews. Unfortunately, they seem to be sold out everywhere. Does anyone know where I can find one?

OR

Any other recommendations? Any other comparable Seikos?

I know Timex makes a military watch that is sold through J.Crew that I like:

I would really prefer to get a Seiko. Any thoughts on the timex and it's durability/value? Is a timex really worth $150?

A penny for your thoughts...THANKS!!

·
Banned
11,612 Posts
The SNX427 was replaced in Seiko's lineup a few years ago by the SNK809.

The SNK809 (and it's other color variants) are still available and not hard to find. That said, seiko recently introduced the newest line of military style wathes that hark back to the old SNX427. The color equivalent is the SNZG15:

Thos the styling is similar, this watch measure about 40mm (the SNX427 measured 35mm), it uses the 4r16 movement (a decorated version of the 7s26B with an extra jewel), and uses a wider strap and slightly different dial layout. Overall it's a pretty nice piece.

As for the Timex, personally I wouldn't spend $150 on that particular watch. The price you are paying there is J.Crew's retail mark up and not the true value of the watch.

·
Registered
414 Posts
If you go with the bigger military I suggest the black dialed version. If you ever decide to mod the watch, currently, there are no chapter rings that will fit it and it may be an issue. I had the tan dialed version of hte SNZ series and I ended up getting rid of it because I didn't wear it and I was unable to mod it to my liking.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The SNX427 was replaced in Seiko's lineup a few years ago by the SNK809.

The SNK809 (and it's other color variants) are still available and not hard to find.
Just got one of those in green for my wife. Now I want to get one for myself. It is a good looking watch, and so far hers is keeping excelent time, much better than my SKX.

·
Banned
11,612 Posts
I just hate it when posters ask for advice and then never return to post on the thread after the advice is given.

·
Registered
236 Posts
It's been a day since he started this thread, maybe he's been busy :-s
But I agree, it would be nice to hear if the advice was helpful. It has been for me by the way, I see an SNZG13 in my future :-!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts