WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
MING has announced that they will be making limited quantities of their prototypes available to those existing customers that register interest.

It appears that they have some incredible pieces in the works...

I was most excited to see the new Mosaic dials on the 20.1. I think it looks incredible, and I'm eager to see what they do with their standard production Mosaic dial later this year.

Photographs below taken from the MING website.

The Tourbillon is pretty sweet too, and it helps that the lume shot looks like a deathstar.

Monopusher

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
MING has announced that they will be making limited quantities of their prototypes available to those that register interest.
Before everyone gets too excited, they actually say,

If you are an existing MING owner and would like to register interest ...
So, if you haven't been fortunate enough to become an owner of one of their previous releases, you are still out of luck on these prototypes, which will likely be even harder to get.

·
Premium Member
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Before everyone gets too excited, they actually say,

So, if you haven't been fortunate enough to become an owner of one of their previous releases, you are still out of luck on these prototypes, which will likely be even harder to get.
You're right, I missed that. Just updated my original post.

·
Premium Member
36,081 Posts
Thanks but I will pass. My eyes would never be able to adjust to a crazy dial like this.

Interesting watch for sure.

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
Ming is doing some very interesting watches in my opinion. I love the hands but just can't get over the lug design.

·
Premium Member
5,697 Posts
I like their design language a LOT, but I think these are maybe a step too far for my own tastes.

Reactions: singularityseven

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
They sure make some crazy looking dials. I like the Death Star lume!

·
Premium Member
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I’m excited, when I saw the email I thought, will these be affordable? Time will tell. I’m lucky tho, as I’m eligible as a past customer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Depends on your definition of affordable, but I'm going to go with nope :LOL:

Never a fan until this Mosaic. Looks like a cool watch.
I really like the Mosaic too, and I hope I'm able to pick one up when the launch it this year.

Very cool watch but not my taste ¯\(ツ)
Fair enough! Their designs are... very specific.

Thanks but I will pass. My eyes would never be able to adjust to a crazy dial like this.

Interesting watch for sure.
Wait, are you trying to say that you actually use your watch to tell time :unsure:

🤷‍♂️

Ming is doing some very interesting watches in my opinion. I love the hands but just can't get over the lug design.
I've grown to like the lug design quite a bit, after owning two of their watches. But I can see why people hesitate, and I did too.

Sick looking watches! Really digging what Ming is coming out with these days!
Me too. I hope their standard releases are more attainable this year!

That tourbillon looks like a ton of fun. I wonder if it's the same base movement that Zelos and Horage uses. If they make one publicly available and less than $20k I'd have to give it a serious thought.
Last I heard, Horage had cut ties with LJP (alleging that the latter had backed out of commitments critical to the project) and were developing the entire thing in-house.

I certainly agree the Ming is an interesting one.
The MING Tourbillon seems to be a skeletonized version of the Schwarz Etienne Flying Tourbillon, so I'm going to just assume we're going to see prices of over 40k, since thats what Schwarz Etienne lists their watch for. Hopefully MING goes below $20k, but given their current trajectory, it looks unlikely :confused:

As @watchcrank_tx mentioned, Zelos used LJP and Horage now appears to be making their own.

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
The MING Tourbillon seems to be a skeletonized version of the Schwarz Etienne Flying Tourbillon, so I'm going to just assume we're going to see prices of over 40k, since thats what Schwarz Etienne lists their watch for. Hopefully MING goes below $20k, but given their current trajectory, it looks unlikely :confused:

As @watchcrank_tx mentioned, Zelos used LJP and Horage now appears to be making their own.
That's a shame. I'd expect them to come a bit under LJP but for that price there are a lot of very, very interesting watches.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Love the mosaic chrono. That dial paired with the stupendous Agengraphe is the stuff of dreams. In this case quite literally, because I'll never even see one, let alone own.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts