WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been hunting one of these silver and red beauties for the past 5 months. Having it in my hands is SO satisfying. I had to post a thread about it.

With the original box, all hang tags, bracelet, and all links.

The brushed metal face is striking. It alternates quickly between a bright white and medium grey.

I'm not much of a bracelet guy and didn't intend to keep it on metal. After going through my NATO collection, I settled on a black 20mm from Cincy Strap Works. I'll collect a few more straps for it, but this feels like a good start.

The watch measures 40mm without the crown. It fits my 6.75" wrist (54mm width) very well. And it feels great on the Cincy NATO.

I'm beyond happy to finally have this in my collection. Many thanks to @wasmith for selling me his.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
A Designer's Triumph!

At one level it's nothing special, a date window at 6 o'clock, done a million times. A fairly primitive complication, a 24 hour sub-dial.

But with the red background on the 24 hour sub-dial, the red second hand, and the red outline on the date window, it is a designer's triumph!! |> :-! |>

It all comes together as a visual victory! :p

- Thomas

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Shame to cover up those wire lugs with a NATO. That bracelet looked awesome!
The problem is they aren't wire lugs. The watch uses spring bars like most others. The NATO is just covering spring bars.

The other problem - the OEM bracelet is 18mm. It feels really narrow for the watch. A 20mm NATO fits well and gives a more visually balanced look.

And I dislike almost all bracelets. They yank hairs and never feel tight enough or loose enough to me. Almost all of my collection is on some sort of strap. Just my taste.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Never seen that model before, but that is one eye catching watch. Looks epic on that nato too. Congrats - it was worth the wait - a real beauty.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Congrats on your recent acquisition. I've never seen that as well. After looking at cocktail watch and this one, I think Seiko has quite range of decent watches. Is the spirit a limited edition watch?

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It wasn't a limited edition, but it was discontinued after only one year of production. The Spirit SCVE line appeared in 2014 and was killed around end of Q3 2015. They dried up very quickly.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Wow, that is very cool

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
A very striking and beautiful watch. I was lucky enough to pick one up with a WTB post a few months ago. I love the watch and the hack/hand-wind movement. Reading up on the dial construction really made me appreciate it more - it's two pieces that are sandwiched together, the one underneath being completely red, but only exposed at the cutouts. The fact that everything in the subdial and date window line up so perfectly really does underscore what level of prevision Seiko is capable of at these lower price points (we all know what they can do with GS at the higher ones!). Now if they could only apply that level of precision to the alignment of their SKX/SRP chapter rings..... :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts