WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there

You may recall my earlier thread asking for advice on which non-Breitling strap and deployment clasp I should go for. You may also recall I opted to buy the items from Waccex. This was all contained within this thread:
https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=38735

I was asked to do a mini-review on the items and, well, here goes:

1) Service from provider
Waccex are located in Germany and, as I placed my order on 30 November, I was very pleased to receive the items on 4 December - a very fast delivery indeed! I should also compliment the supplier on his excellent communications and friendly manner.

2) Deployment Clasp
The clasp is made from stainless steel and is highly polished, just like my Navitimer. It feels very robust and the action feels solid. It locks up nicely when on the wrist and I feel I can trust the clasp to keep my prize Navitimer securely on my wrist.

3) Vintage Calf Strap in Black
The strap itself is a 22-18mm deployment clasp specific strap. It looks and feels good and the sticthing is a reasonably fine whitish cotton. The inside of the strap is trimmed with a beige soft leather.

The strap and clasp were supplied with a single spring bar to attach the strap to the deployment clasp. The existing spring bars supplied with my Navitimer were used to secure the strap and clasp to the watch.

All in all I'm very happy with my purchase. Should any of you want a web address for the supplier, please drop me a PM.

Here's a few pictures of my purchase installed on my Navitimer. They are not the greatest of shots and I wanted to show off the strap and clasp rather than the watch:

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
That looks good! The current Breitling straps are 22-20 instead of 22-18 but I don't think the 22-18 will be less comfortable.

I have been looking at the BOB straps/clasps too and will certainly look again!

Thanks for the nice review,

Cinq

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your kind words.

One thing I neglected to say is that the strap and clasp cost me less than 20% of the cost of an original Breitling strap and clasp.

Now that's gotta be value...

:)

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Thanks for your kind words.

One thing I neglected to say is that the strap and clasp cost me less than 20% of the cost of an original Breitling strap and clasp.

Now that's gotta be value...

:)
I know, that's why I will definately take another look at their site. I wonder how their croco straps are, would love a brown croco for my black dial Navitimer...

Kind regards,

Cinq

1 - 4 of 4 Posts