WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a quartz watch and i have noticed that the minute hand doesn't always line up with the markings when the second hand is at 12, despite me setting it so that it should. Does anyone have an explanation for this?

·
Registered
23,771 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have it set up right, but sometimes the minute hand still doesn't line up bang on despite it being correct when set.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've sent Momentum an email about this. Would most brands do anything about this as it only happens sometimes.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Do not take anything less than a return and replace. a loose minute hand on a brand new watch is frankly unforgivable unless it cost less than 30 USD.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Both of my Marathon J-SAR and Navigator (using ISA quartz MOVMT) have a little bit of play in the minute hand, maybe half a second. Basically because of the weight of the hands and the tolerances in the gear train. So if I synchronize the watch correctly and perfectly aligned, I can then see the minute hand move a bit if I tilt the watch. My watches are not defective, that's the way they are and nothing to do on mine. I have to live with it since I replaced the J-SAR three times with Marathon and they were all the same. The J-SAR is now using an ETA movement and the problem is gone.

Maybe you have a defective watch, but maybe it's how they are. You should ask another owner to check his. Not everyone is sensitive to that. Before I reported the Problem to Marathon, they had never heard of it before and I have never heard nobody on WUS complaint about it. Even if I'm sure all the first generation J-SAR are like that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts