WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Affordables Moderator
17,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my MIRB Frogman last week and it is a sweet watch :-!
However, it seemed to me like it needed a little something, so I have been working on a minor bezel mod. When I am done I'll post up some pics to see what you guys think. So far I am really liking how it is turning out :)

Cheers,
Griff

·
Affordables Moderator
17,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys :)
It is Polly Scale Mineral Red acrylic. I do a lot of modeling, so I have a bunch of railroad colors. The mineral red is a flat, rusty dark red.
Because it is an alcohol based paint, instead of thinner to wipe off excess I just used some hand sanitizer we had left over from Scout camp last summer.

Cheers,
Griff

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
The more I look at it, the more I like it. I have to say that I was never really a big MIRB fan but your bezel paint is changing my mind! Casio should have put lettering like that on from the start.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Nice neat job you've done there. Looks good.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Love it...have you thought about paint-filling the oposite sides, e.g. top and bottom (G-shock & Shock Resist txt) and leaving the Frogman 200m txt unpainted? Worth a try you reckon ? :think:

Either way - it looks way cool :-!

·
Affordables Moderator
17,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here's the finished mod:

I was debating back and forth to use 2 colors, but I figured one subdued color would look cool. :) The clear coat darkened the final shade just a tad. It remains to be seen how well the paint/clear coat will withstand exposure to swimming though.

Cheers,
Griff

1 - 12 of 12 Posts