WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this watch from Amazon - may have been a poor choice in hindsight. It is my first Seiko and I was very excited to get it.
Once I had replaced the strap i realised that the dial looks slightly off centre to the left inside the case. I'm pretty sure its not just parallax error, but I'm not certain if this is to be expected for such a great value watch or whether I should be returning it and getting the same watch again from a different retailer.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks. IMG_20180304_173753.jpg IMG_20180304_175048.jpg

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
I don't see it.. Maybe if you remove the strap and line up the lugs with a straight edge it will be more apparent, then rephotograph.

Sent from my K92 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
dial is straight

watch is photographed slightly tilted toward the left

its the date (4) sitting slightly low in the date window creating the illusion that the dial is not straight

·
Registered
Seiko auto's. Monster, Turtle, 5 Sports. Steeldive auto. G Shock. Edifice. Protrek. Casio.
937 Posts
I can see it.... It looks like the dial needs to move clockwise by a few mm. As these are quite small watches at around 37mm, i doubt its that noticeable in real life.
But once you know its there, it'll probably bug you.

Its really your call whether to return it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been playing around with taking photos of it it objectively and have discovered that I was actually biasing the photos I think. I only have vision in my right eye and after placing the watch dead in front of my right eye, I now think the dial is straight. Must have been parallax error and unconsciously introducing that into the photos. Sorry for wasting all your time but the request to take more photos showed me the simple solution, which is often the best.. Thank you

·
Registered
76 Posts
Not very noticeable to my eyes. Just keep and wear it.

Sent from my LEX720 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
359 Posts
Looks pretty good based on your pics. Nice watch...wear it and don't sweat it.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
An interesting coincidence: I've just picked up one of these and was wearing it as I read your thread:
snxs75k1-1-weba.jpg

I think the alignment on yours (and mine) looks fine. I also see that you've replaced the "metallic maraca" bracelet. I did as well, for the moment with a 20mm grey Perlon strap I've crammed on to it, but I have a leather strap for the inconvenient 19mm lug width on the way. I bought this to see how well I might do with a smaller-sized watch (most of mine are in the 40mm-42mm range). I'm still dubious about that, but we'll see.

...Mike

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Now that you posted about it, seems its annoying you, so just return it and get another.

·
Registered
20,368 Posts
Maybe it's the lugs that are misaligned

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I originally bought a 20mm NATO for it, thinking it was 20mm and was amazed how much of a difference 1mm can make. That size looks great on your wrist to me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts