WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I have the following problem:
I have got a Fortis Flieger automatic, 595.18.158.1, a watch i love.
Now i'm missing a part for it. I believe it is called lugpiece or spring cover or someting like that, it's the part that covers the spring in the end of the bracelet. I have been in contact with Fortis and watch part dealers but without any luck.

Have anyone an idea where i can buy this part? I really don't know what to do or where to find it.
All help is happily recieved!

Best regards/ Hampus from Stockholm, Sweden.
fortis1.jpg fortis2.jpg fortis3.jpg fortis4.jpg

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Pictures are a little small, can't tell what I'm looking at...

But from your description, you're talking about something that covers the springbar opening on the endlinks? I didn't know something like that was used.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pictures are a little small, can't tell what I'm looking at...

But from your description, you're talking about something that covers the springbar opening on the endlinks? I didn't know something like that was used.

Yes, that's exactly what it is! Some smaller images:

fortis1.jpg fortis2.jpg fortis3.jpg fortis4.jpg

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
I'm confused. It looks like you have the endlinks and everything you need. I've never seen a watch with any protective casing or covering for the springbar openings in the endlinks. But then again, I haven't yet owned a Fortis on bracelet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Marden,
This is my first time to see end link in black color, i would like to suggest you to contact with this seller,
Fortis Genuine Watch Bracelet - Stainless Steel 99.595.1M | eBay

or
Uhrband24.com :: Uhrenarmband Metall - Original - Fortis - 20 mm - 99.595.10.1M (F11)

maybe or maybe not they can provide you the end piece, hope this will help you.

Good luck!!
Thank you! I will definitley contact them.

I'm confused. It looks like you have the endlinks and everything you need. I've never seen a watch with any protective casing or covering for the springbar openings in the endlinks. But then again, I haven't yet owned a Fortis on bracelet.
Thats true, i do have the endlinks, i just miss the cover part. I really do believe that it is the original bracelet.

The part im missing is marked "f1" on it's down side if that's of any help.

Thanks!

·
Registered
217 Posts
I think you already have the complete bracelet. The spring bar ends are not supposed to be covered, otherwise there would be no way to remove them from the watch.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think you already have the complete bracelet. The spring bar ends are not supposed to be covered, otherwise there would be no way to remove them from the watch.
I have lost the part and i have the one on the opposite side so i'm pretty sure it's supposed to be covered, the part covers the spring from the upper side so you can remove the spring from the watch's down side. Its an original Fortis Bracelet.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
I have lost the part and i have the one on the opposite side so i'm pretty sure it's supposed to be covered, the part covers the spring from the upper side so you can remove the spring from the watch's down side. Its an original Fortis Bracelet.
Ah, so you already have one, and you're missing one... Of these things I presume?

That's an endlink. It does 'cover' the springbar to a certain degree, but it's more to provide a more solid and secure interface between the bracelet and the case, thereby reducing the likelihood of the springbars getting tugged out of the lugs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ah, so you already have one, and you're missing one... Of these things I presume?
Exactly!

That's an endlink. It does 'cover' the springbar to a certain degree, but it's more to provide a more solid and secure interface between the bracelet and the case, thereby reducing the likelihood of the springbars getting tugged out of the lugs.
OK! So what im looking for is an endlink? Very nice to get that straight! Thank you!
Now I just need to know where to buy one, but with the correct name on the part i believe it might be much easier.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I might add that the endlink is made out of steel plate so it's not solid. I have seen (on other Fortis models) similar parts that are solid, but this one is not.

·
Fortis & Sales Moderator
2,838 Posts
yes, it is in fact an END LINK that you are needing.

you bracelet/lug width is 20mm so that is what you need to look for.

you could perhaps replace the entire bracelet for pretty cheap and here are some options...

Men's Metal Watch Bands - Black Metal PVD Oyster | GlobalWatchBand.com

** either of the oyster styles with curved end link but the 2nd one is better since the links are solid

you can get Swiss made with screwed in links for cheap here but the end links are straight...
http://www.internationalwatchman.com/bracelets/SCREWLINKSTRENDBLACKPVD.html

The Official Site of International Watchman Inc.- IWI, IW Suisse, IWI Suisse, IWI Swiss, IW Swiss, IWI Suiss, IW Suiss, IW watches, IWI watches

they will still work, just a slightly different look where it meets the case.

here is one with curved end link and screwed in links...
Black PVD Oyster Watchband with Screw Links

hope that helps, good luck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts