WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I purchased my first Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean on Friday and during the sale process the salesperson was getting my box for the watch. When he opened it the warranty card, chronometer certificate and pictogram cards were missing. He acted surprised but said they could order new ones. Plus the operating manual was missing.

Has anyone else encountered this? Wondering if this is something they can just reorder from Omega or they were just appeasing me.

They only had one other PO and there was a scratch on it so I opted for this one, but now I wonder if I made the right choice.

Also per some pictures I have found, the box should include a polishing clothe but he claimed they don't and never have seen one.

thanks!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I deduce that a salesperson at your dealer got the boxes mixed up; YOUR cards went to someone else, who may be oblivious that he or she has the cards to a completely different watch.

Very, very sloppy I must say. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for cards.

A new watch without the proper documents is worth far less than the same watch with the correct ones.

Time for an exchange, I'd say!

·
Banned
4,334 Posts
Did you buy it from an AD? That's totally unacceptable, unless you got the deal of the century? If you are in The States, return it, get your money back, and call our FAD!

KAT

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
I would be a bit worried since the cards provides you with the waranty. They also provide you with proof that you are the owner of the the watch since the serial number on one of the cards matches the serial number found on the underside of the lug of your watch. Call me a worry wart but I can't imagine what would happen if someone else holds the cards that belong to your watch. Go back and ask for another watch with the complete set of cards.

·
Registered
199 Posts
You should get another watch with the complete set of cards as it is unlikely that these can be ordered from Omega as the warranty and pictogram card are coded to match the serial# on your watch. The polishing cloth should be included with the watch hence the store person had not been honest with you. I will return the watch as soon as possible.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Sounds like poor customer service, I'd have done things differently at the time of purchase but that's passed, now I'd go back to the store and get something in writing stating that cards are on the way or make an exchange. Box and esp. papers definitely add to the value and authenticity (prove ownership/sell) to the watch.
Hopefully they'll resolve this in a decent fashion

R/

·
Registered
20 Posts
So I purchased my first Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean on Friday and during the sale process the salesperson was getting my box for the watch. When he opened it the warranty card, chronometer certificate and pictogram cards were missing. He acted surprised but said they could order new ones. Plus the operating manual was missing.

Has anyone else encountered this? Wondering if this is something they can just reorder from Omega or they were just appeasing me.

They only had one other PO and there was a scratch on it so I opted for this one, but now I wonder if I made the right choice.

Also per some pictures I have found, the box should include a polishing clothe but he claimed they don't and never have seen one.

thanks!
The other watch had a scratch? this might be a coincidence, but a PO that looked at the other week in a shop before purchasing my one had a scratch aswel, in exactly the same place as the one i ended up purchasing, from a completely different AD. the scratch was on the top right hand side of the case. where was the scratch on the one you saw? manufacturing defect?.......

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all your help!

I verified the serial number with Omega and they apologized for the cards that were missing. Omega confirmed the AD can order new cards with the serial numbers and everything should be fine.

I should have requested the other watch but hind sight is 20/20.

The AD has ordered the cards from Omega and should take a week. I will stay on them until they have provided all the things missing. However, if I have any problems I will for sure request an exchange no matter what.

The AD is a very well known and highly rated in our area, so I'm sure they will do their best to rectify the situation.

I guess we're all human and mistakes happen, both on my part and the AD.

BTW the scratch was just a small on on the clasp of the band. I'm picky, I want to put the scratches on the watch no matter how small they are.

Thanks for all your concerns.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts