WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

(Sorry for the iPhone quality picture, have not had time to do decent photos with my good camera)

This watch must have been fate. I have been interested in the Seiko Shogun for awhile but have no interest in another black dialed watch. I have needed an Orange dial for my collection, as I am a red dial fanatic and always avoid the rival orange dials that bring me red hope...

Seiko Shogun desired, orange dial version exists, no brainer to want the SBDC009. Well it seems the 009 in SBDC009 must be short for 2009 as that apparently is the year it was discontinued in. So my hunt began... I have had more luck finding decent priced L.E. Yellow and Green SUMO watches than a Orange Shogun. I could not even find missed SBDC009 sales to look at and just finding an owner posting pictures of owning one was super rare.

I decided it would just be a dream watch that I would never expect to own. That is until I randomly went on eBay in the middle of the night and searched for SBDC009 as if something was calling to me...

There she was for $900 'Buy It Now' in Like-New condition! There were multiple offers on the watch and it was somehow posted for multiple days, but under clothing section... All the offers were low ballers with the top bid currently under $400. Well if it is hard to get a SBDC007 for $900 which has a surplus, I feel I would have been a fool not to jump on the watch and buy it for $900. Unless I am missing something, I believe that would be a steal of a price for such a hard to find watch?

Anyways, I am super excited to have FATE once again lead me to a desired destiny watch. This FATE calling has happened with my Red Bezel Raven Deep Tech, Deep Blue Recon v2 Silver Dial w/ White Ceramic Bezel(at the low price I desired that is), and my Helson Chrono Blackbeard.

Just need that Helson Whitebeard now... Or to patiently wait the 3 months for more to be produced. :p

·
Registered
213 Posts
congratulations on getting your grail

·
Registered
7,864 Posts
I love orange watches even though I only own one, the Orange Monster. I've always admired the Shogun; it's a really underrated piece. Your orange one makes it extra special. Wear it in the best of health!

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Fantastic! That is a great looking piece and the one I would want if I ever get a Shogun. I was just thinking about the orange divers and how they rarely show up on WRUW threads (except for the OMs), but when they're discontinued suddenly tons of people want them. Big congrats on your luck and perseverance!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Congratulations! I didn't even realize an orange shogun existed until now. Beautiful watch. Ermmmm, what's this about a yellow sumo? What other limited edition sumos exist?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everyone!

I am going to wear this bad boy in and later mod the crystal with a Sapphire Domed once the Hardlex is banged up a bit. Also not sure how I feel about the black bordered hands when the rest of the dial is chrome bordered... Not a fan of MM300 hands on the Shogun though. Wonder what would be a good alternative?

·
Registered
6,647 Posts
Same here, didn't know there were orange Shoguns. I think it looks fantastic. Congrats on a great pick-up.

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
Thanks everyone!

I am going to wear this bad boy in and later mod the crystal with a Sapphire Domed once the Hardlex is banged up a bit. Also not sure how I feel about the black bordered hands when the rest of the dial is chrome bordered... Not a fan of MM300 hands on the Shogun though. Wonder what would be a good alternative?
I'd try to get a set of stock Shogun hands from a black dialed model. They are chrome like your indices and the lume will match perfectly. Yobokies might be able to get them...

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'd try to get a set of stock Shogun hands from a black dialed model. They are chrome like your indices and the lume will match perfectly. Yobokies might be able to get them...
Good idea. Domed Sapphire crystal and chrome Shogun hands would be perfect! Although I will browse around some other hand sets that are not MM300 hands. Doesn't one of the Monsters use the same handset as the Shogun??

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
congrats, that thing is sweet! I'm happy with my modded skx orange dial that I will soon mod further to a doxa style mod

Reactions: Shishou
1 - 20 of 24 Posts