WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking on a couple of different watch forums for a while now. I've only been collecting watches for a couple of years, mostly entry-level stuff, a couple of Citizens, a Seiko diver, etc. When I stumbled across the Stowa forum, I just knew I had to have a Seatime. Something about the design really spoke to me. As the missus and I have had quite a year with purchasing a new home and having our first child, I knew the discretionary funds just weren't there. Long story short, after a couple of determined months on ebay selling stuff I had accumulated over the years that no longer had any sentimental value to me, I cobbled together enough to take the plunge. It arrived yesterday and I couldn't be happier. What a watch! It's absolutely too big for me and I absolutely don't care:-D. I love it. The workmanship is superb and it brings a smile to my face.

The communication and speed of service from Jorg and company is exemplary. Thanks to those of you who answered some of my questions and provided the inspiration. My Seatime on bracelet with red bezel will be treasured for years to come. Even my wife, who patiently indulges my passion said "wow"! or, alternately "so is that a brand only other watch nerds would know about?" :)

voila! (excuse the hairy wrist shot)

·
Registered
742 Posts
Looks like a little penny pinching really paid off. Doesn't look to big for you at all, just the style it is and I am guessing you (like me) were used to smaller pieces? Hope you keep it a long time and use it to commemorate your house and child, best wishes.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
It's one of those pieces that really lets you know you have a WATCH on your wrist. :) Very nice, enjoy it! One of the cool things too is you can get the different color bezels if you choose to change the look of it.

S

·
0 Posts
Seems you´ve been caught by the Stowa feaver ! Very dangerous, very dangerous :-D :-D :-D

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Congratulations! I've been chopping and changing about getting a Seatime for months now (smallish wrists, may be too big for me), but the 2 Stowas I do have are definite keepers!

·
Registered
691 Posts
It's beautiful. Congratulations on the watch and child. Perhaps this is an heirloom piece?

A tradition perhaps, have a child buy a watch, pass that watch down to child.

:p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts