WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello WatchUSeek,

I have stumbled upon a vintage tissot stylist and have trouble authenticating it.

I have found the movemnt of the watch similar to this but without the traditional tissot and sons engraving on it.

However, there is said engraving on the inside of the back casing.

so, how real is it :/

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Metal

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Yep, it's a Tissot 2461 allright, it's legit. The Tissot signature should be there, sometimes they were press fitted inthe small area at the six o'clock area on your movement. An unusual feature of this movement is that the date was a 'quickset' - in this case by repeatedly pulling out the crown. Omega used a similar system and perhaps they both were made by the same manufacturer. Early '60's. Not mush need to worry about it being fake - there really isn't any money to be made selling fake Stylists, and movement swaps would have been cost prohibitive. Still, I think these are cool movements to have and with a good wash and lube, new strap, polish the crystal and you have a nice dress watch.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Hi

The watch looks fine, but it's from the 70's, not the 60's!!

On the movement, there's a little disc with 'Tissot' and probably a serial number?? These were introduced in something like 1974 ish, from memory, and replaced the usual engraving.

Tissot and Omega had similar quickset movements, all made inhouse!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts