WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love this watch!! This took 9 long months before delivery but it was well worth the wait. BRAVO to Bill Yao and his impeccable work. An elegant diver with a technical-tool aspect as well.

·
Banned
5,120 Posts
Wow. Looks amazing! But might I ask... why 9 months? I'd be pulling out my teeth by four! ;D

·
Registered
434 Posts
Excellent|>|> Bill Yao does fantastic work.

Wear it in good health and enjoyb-)

Regards
Bob:thanks

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Congrats
One of the best watches "for the money"
Bill does such a great job, they run as accurately as any watch I have owed
good luck and enjoy
eds

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Very Very nice. Love the hands and the date window. Lume looks to be awesome too. Congrats and thanks for posting.

·
Registered
17,515 Posts
nice contrast between the bezel and case. congrats|>

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
It takes that long because Bill is a one-man operation. While he sells some of the more popular or standard variants pre-assembled, for a custom job (such as this one), he assembles personally, by hand, and regulates the movement himself before shipping. To be specific: for a custom job, he installs:

hands
dial
date wheel
bezel
crystal
strap

In between, he also needs to set aside time for designing whatever is coming next and doing all those things associated with a small business -- handling orders, web site design and admin, accounting, parts ordering, customer service, etc. etc.

And because Bill Yao/MKII is not that well-kept of a secret, demand is really high. If you go for a custom job (from all accounts, well worth it), you have to wait in line -- and if he gets sick or there's a QC problem with parts or he has to (for example) travel to the Basel watch fair, well ...

I do like the "pregnancy" comparison -- I imagine that that new Stingray will be Allan's "baby" for a while!

Looks great, BTW, and very nice shots as well. Enjoy!

Oh yeah, why did it have to take 9 months long? It's like pregnancy...

:-!

Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
p.s. Guys, this means that if you'd like your wives or girlfriends to give you one of these for Christmas, NOW would be the time to start hinting :-d

It takes that long because Bill is a one-man operation. While he sells some of the more popular or standard variants pre-assembled, for a custom job (such as this one), he assembles personally, by hand, and regulates the movement himself before shipping. To be specific: for a custom job, he installs:

hands
dial
date wheel
bezel
crystal
strap

In between, he also needs to set aside time for designing whatever is coming next and doing all those things associated with a small business -- handling orders, web site design and admin, accounting, parts ordering, customer service, etc. etc.

And because Bill Yao/MKII is not that well-kept of a secret, demand is really high. If you go for a custom job (from all accounts, well worth it), you have to wait in line -- and if he gets sick or there's a QC problem with parts or he has to (for example) travel to the Basel watch fair, well ...

I do like the "pregnancy" comparison -- I imagine that that new Stingray will be Allan's "baby" for a while!

Looks great, BTW, and very nice shots as well. Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Great looking watch. Congratulations. Mine is the most accurate I own and the strap is so comfortable that I am not happy with any other strap I have tried on it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts