WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Brian:

Apparently pre-orders will be accepted beginning in January 2007 with a variety of dial, hands, bezel and movement options available. Delivery is set for May or June 2007.

I better start saving. I'll definitely want one for my MkII collection.

·
Banned
5,568 Posts
Hopefully there will be a nice bonus coming from work that I can put away for that watch. Although it may be tough resisting picking up a Seiko Black Monster :-D .

·
Banned
3,600 Posts
Incredible looking piece! I understand it is a "homage" to the Blancpain 50 Fathoms model. I think that was the watch the Jacques Cousteau wore on his wrist.

A great looking no frills diver that will probably be around $500...maybe more. But, looks to be very nicely made and probably comparable to the SAR pieces. NO bracelet? Maybe later?

I think I might be more inclined to go with a SAR depending on the price but these are sweet.

Great website also.

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
I like that alot Mike but not sure I like it more than the Blackwaters he sells.
Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
615 Posts
How does that work exactly? Do you send in a watch that he mods or is he selling the watch itself? If it's his watch what movement does he use?

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Ok I have a few questions.:-S

1. you say the dial is 28mm does that mean the actual watch will be what say 40-42 mm overall

2. sapphire crystal or not

3. someone already asked about the movement whch is

4. do we know what the price point will be

Overall the watch looks really nice|>

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
How does that work exactly? Do you send in a watch that he mods or is he selling the watch itself? If it's his watch what movement does he use?
Mike you order the watch, you pick from a variety of dial/hands combinations, he builds to suit.
2824 eta's I believe.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here's the link to the MkII blog concerning this watch: http://www.blogmkiiwatches.com/main/

I'm only guessing but I suspect that the price will be $500.USD to $600.USD depending on the level of customization ordered by the client. For the quality and workmanship, MkII watches are IMHO a real bargain. I now own two Quad 10s, two Blackwater MMTs and a Yao custom Seiko. They are among my favorite watches, especially the Blackwaters.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts