WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi gang,

Update from this morning - the new MM300 arrived! Just wanted to show it off! Better pictures to come later...

Has anyone else seen that diver extension on a MM? I think I may have a very early production model? It's a 60 click as well and I heard they switched to 120 for later issue.

J

Edit: still fighting to get pictures uploaded!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Congrats! That is a nice watch, I like it. Vance.

Reactions: sabre252

·
Registered
21,267 Posts
Congrats, and I'm still honeymooning with mine. I'd say that's an older model year clasp, as mine looks like this. My watch is a 2008 production year, which I think used the current ones.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats, and I'm still honeymooning with mine. I'd say that's an older model year clasp, as mine looks like this. My watch is a 2008 production year, which I think used the current ones.

Looks like the design on mine only lasted for a year or two. The serial number indicates it's a 2000 build! I'm pretty happy with the condition given it's almost 18 years old!

·
Registered
21,267 Posts
Looks like the design on mine only lasted for a year or two. The serial number indicates it's a 2000 build! I'm pretty happy with the condition given it's almost 18 years old!
Great watch regardless of age! I was lucky enough to get mine right after the previous owner had the movement completely serviced from Seiko Japan, with one year warranty. It's keeping great, and consistent time.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great watch regardless of age! I was lucky enough to get mine right after the previous owner had the movement completely serviced from Seiko Japan, with one year warranty. It's keeping great, and consistent time.
That's awesome! Have you posted any pictures of yours in the MM300 thread?

I was wondering what service options were. I heard IWW can't do 'em anymore. What are you planning on doing when it's time to service again? My initial plan was to send it off for servicing immediately but it's running great... so I might rely on the Seiko rock solid reputation for a year or two... I don't want to part with it!

·
Registered
21,267 Posts
That's awesome! Have you posted any pictures of yours in the MM300 thread?

I was wondering what service options were. I heard IWW can't do 'em anymore. What are you planning on doing when it's time to service again? My initial plan was to send it off for servicing immediately but it's running great... so I might rely on the Seiko rock solid reputation for a year or two... I don't want to part with it!
I've posted several pictures in the MM300 thread on days I've worn it, and most WRUW threads on days I wear it also. As far as service goes hopefully I won't have to for a very long time. I'm of the belief if it isn't broke don't fix it mentality.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Congrats! They're a great watch.

I'm pretty sure that extension is from early MM300's.

·
Registered
255 Posts
welcome to the club, just curious how accurate is your MM300?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
welcome to the club, just curious how accurate is your MM300?
Thanks! I haven't had a chance to test it for any length of time. Looking now I'd say it lost about 1~2 seconds for the ~8 hours I've had it. If that extrapolates linearly then it looks like it loses about 3-6 seconds a day. I'd be happy to do some more rigorous testing and get back to you though! I'm pretty pleased especially considering it's 17+ yrs old and may very well have not been serviced!

Stewham - thanks for that! A little googling supports that theory and the serial indicates it's a 2000 model. I was initially worried I had a non-standard clasp or *shudder* a knockoff watch or bracelet. Now that that pang is settled, I'm pretty chuffed to have something a little "rarer" as it were!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Thanks guys! I'm very pleased with it. I had always heard it rivaled any Swiss watch but I have to admit I was a little skeptical subconsciously. It feels of a much higher quality than the Speedy Pro I used to own. I've never owned a Sub but I've handled the pre-ceramic and it feels at least comparable. It's reputation seems 100% deserved!

·
Premium Member
6,408 Posts
Love mine...new version..SBDX017...very strap versitile and incredible build quality!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Love mine...new version..SBDX017...very strap versitile and incredible build quality!
I'm loving it so far! Would have loved to get that sweet dia-shield coating on the -17 but everything available was just a bit too much at the moment. The MM is probably going to see a couple active trips over the next few months so I figured buying one with a little wear already was probably a good thing!

What straps do you reccommend? I'm not grooving on the OEM Seiko band. I heard Strapcode has a jubilee that might fit the bill...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts