WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WatchBuys is offering the limited edition of 80 black dial MOs right now. You can select your own number and it will be printed at 6 o'clock. I don't know if anyone is interested or awared about this event. I would like to buy one but I have just got a Stowa Flieger limited edition (#43) this year so there is no more money for another Stowa.

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
It isn't clearly stated on their writeup but I believe the number will be engraved on the case side between the lugs at 6 o'clock as is the usual method for such numbering. They make it sound like it's on the dial below 6 o'clock but I doubt that is the case.

·
Registered
804 Posts
It is the case--if you look at the High Res picture, you can see it clearly under the small seconds.

Beautiful watch, Jorg!

·
Registered
648 Posts
If you click the high res photo on the STOWA site you can see the 01/120 printed on the dial just below the seconds subdial. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
338 Posts
It isn't clearly stated on their writeup but I believe the number will be engraved on the case side between the lugs at 6 o'clock as is the usual method for such numbering. They make it sound like it's on the dial below 6 o'clock but I doubt that is the case.
It is correct but it is not engraved, I believe each number is applied.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Only 22 of the 80 left

·
Registered
688 Posts
Only 22 of the 80 left
Only 16 of the 80 are available since I last checked, in less than 2 days. I'm sure the sale of the 40 outside of North America are moving at the same rapid pace. In my opinion this is more amazing to me than the sale of the first MOLE, as the World Economy is far different now than it was in late '07 when the first MOLE was offered. I wanted a black dial Marine Original as soon as I saw the pics posted here on and on the Stowa site, and then out of nowhere this Limited Edition release came up. The timing could not have been better.

vincesf

·
Registered
593 Posts
As of this moment, 10 are available at Watchbuys. Haven't WIS's heard there's a recession on?! :-!

Seems like Stowa is doing very well even with the recession. Perhaps those who otherwise would have been buying higher $$ watches are now choosing Stowa? Even as Stowa expands, I hope that they will stay an enthusiast boutique brand that uses a (mainly) direct distribution model.

·
Registered
145 Posts
As of this moment, 10 are available at Watchbuys. Haven't WIS's heard there's a recession on?! :-!

Seems like Stowa is doing very well even with the recession. Perhaps those who otherwise would have been buying higher $$ watches are now choosing Stowa? Even as Stowa expands, I hope that they will stay an enthusiast boutique brand that uses a (mainly) direct distribution model.
I think it simply comes down to the fact that the price/value ratio is incredibly competitive. Jorg produces great watches at a fair price and the watch world (ok, a small portion of it) recognizes that.

Glad I happened across them...just wish I had an FO LE!!!

Jeff

·
Registered
329 Posts
I think it simply comes down to the fact that the price/value ratio is incredibly competitive. Jorg produces great watches at a fair price and the watch world (ok, a small portion of it) recognizes that.

Glad I happened across them...just wish I had an FO LE!!!

Jeff
:-!:-!:-!

I think the FO LE may become my grail... though I'll be happy I guess if the FO serial finally ships...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts