WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Just reserved #16 at Watchbuys. Looking forward to it, Jorg!

I very much like your philosophy of making it right rather than making it fast. This will be my first Stowa, but I'm sure it won't be my last.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Unfortunately my chosen number is not available outside the USA - so I won't be able to partake :-|

·
Registered
688 Posts
Unfortunately my chosen number is not available outside the USA - so I won't be able to partake :-|
The customer is always correct ... and I am a customer, so let me say, that you'll be sorry that you made your decision not to buy based on the limited number on a watch. In the end, it's the product that counts.

vincesf

·
Registered
363 Posts
I doubt it somewhat - all my Stowa's have the serial ending in the same number (limited or not) so I'm well aware of the 'product'.
There's not enough "difference" in this limited edition to encourage me to break that sequence.

I'll of course contact Stowa to see if my number might be accommodated but otherwise the non limited serial for Euro300+ less will do me.

But thank you for your concern about my purchasing choices.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I doubt it somewhat - all my Stowa's have the serial ending in the same number (limited or not) so I'm well aware of the 'product'.
There's not enough "difference" in this limited edition to encourage me to break that sequence.

I'll of course contact Stowa to see if my number might be accommodated but otherwise the non limited serial for Euro300+ less will do me.

But thank you for your concern about my purchasing choices.
My pleasure!
vincesf

·
Registered
688 Posts
Re: What did Stowa do for those outside of America for the First MOLE

I had seen in previous threads in early 2008 that Stowa tried to accommodate customers outside of America when the first Stowa Marine Original Limited Edition watch numbered xx/80 was introduced. Did they accommodate customers outside of America, and were these watches numbered, as I thought all 80 of the original limited series were snapped up in a few days on the Watchbuys site? I believe numbering watches xxx/120 is great idea for the Marine Original Limited Edition with black dial, as it allows 40 more watches for an even larger worldwide distribution, but was curious with what happened to those outside of America on the first Marine Original Limited Edition release in 2008.
vincesf

·
Registered
69 Posts
wonder if anyone knows how the email thing is going to work... i mean, does this mean any email before 5pm GMT wont be accepted? what if my computer clock is faster than stowas...

·
Registered
69 Posts
D day is upon us!

·
Registered
69 Posts
hehe.. me too.. got automated reply to say they will rspond fri or monday..

just hope there werent more than 40 people waiting on computers clicking off emails around 5pm!

·
Registered
3,812 Posts

And my number (#81) is not available for the US. :-(

·
Registered
363 Posts
I was offered #91 but the number just isn't significant to me - so have turned it down - so someone might be able to jump in quick.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Time seems to be moving on, and we're making our way toward October. Any update on the status of production or whether any delays are anticipated?

·
Registered
253 Posts
I'm guessing its gonna take a while, maybe the first few start to surface in Oct with the rest being delivered over 3-4 months?

This'd suit me if its a little later than october as I also got lucky with the FO allocations and now have the "nice" problem of having to stump up for both over Q4 2009!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts