WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I was fiddling around with my U-series bracelet (My UX is getting an oil change in Frankfurt). First, I tried the U-bracelet on a Ball Aviator. It worked, sort of:

https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=242422

Tonight, I tried the bracelet on my MO Roman. It's a near-perfect fit!

Ignoring the mismatched finishes (I can refinish the Sinn bracelet later), what do you think of this combo?

My feelings won't be hurt if you don't like it. We never know what works until we try.

Rob

btw: I had tried a Tourby's bracelet on this watch, without success. The springbars were about a millimeter off. It's sad, 'cause the Tourby bracelet would look fantastic on the MO.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Like you mentioned I wish the finishes matched instead of bead blasted vs. polished, but other than looks good! If the end links are hollow you can mash them some to make them fit flusher with the lugs.

Wish Jorg made some bracelets for the Marine Auto other than the mesh, but I understand and respect his reasons for not doing so.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Lots of work to get that bracelet to match the watch. Frankly, not my favorite look for that watch though. I have a Roman MO and am thinking about picking up a mesh bracelet, thin mesh (2 - 2.5 mm) and polished. I think that look would set the watch off beautifully and convey a sense of European/German design.
Just my opinion of course.
RCH

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lots of work to get that bracelet to match the watch. Frankly, not my favorite look for that watch though. I have a Roman MO and am thinking about picking up a mesh bracelet, thin mesh (2 - 2.5 mm) and polished. I think that look would set the watch off beautifully and convey a sense of European/German design.
Just my opinion of course.
RCH
You're right about the finishing work that'll need to be done. It'll also cost $300 to get a second U-bracelet, since I need to use this bracelet on my UX.

I'm honestly on the fence about this, and appreciate the input both in favor and against the Stowa/Sinn combo. I had hoped that the Sinn 903 bracelet might fit (and look better), but Watchbuys assures me that it won't.

I have a Jurgen's mesh that I've tried on the MO, but haven't warmed up to that look . . . at least not yet. I look forward to seeing pics of yours, when you do it.

Rob

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Interesting that it fits so well. That said, mmmm....not the best for that watch. Certainly not worth having to get a second bracelet to replace the one you would need to have messed with to match.

A fun exercise for sure :-!, but not the way to go IMHO. Would love to see a pic on the Jergens mesh though. b-)

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Thanks Rob! Looks great on the Mesh.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Of the two combinations shown, I think it looks better on the mesh bracelet. Not just the fit of the Sinn bracelet throws me off, but the style in general. Somehow doesn't jibe with the vintage feel of the MO Roman.

Personally, I think that watch looks best on leather. I picked up an alligator leather strap for mine and it looks fantastic with it. But that's my $0.02 on the matter, and I've always loved good leather straps so my opinion is certainly somewhat biased!

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
+1 on good leather straps.

I just like to have a bracelet option for all of my watches. As you and I know first-hand, summer heat and humidity in the Potomac Swamp Basin can take quite a toll on leather straps. :) I've taken to wearing only bracelets or NATO straps during the summer. I'd hate to have to shelf the MO until Autumn.

I'm actually headed your way this afternoon for some Friday meetings. It looks like a pretty day for a drive up I-95! :-!

Rob

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Well, my MO is a bit of a hangar queen. I tend to scratch my watches up at work, and the Stowa is way too nice to ding up at work. So it makes it out in the evenings, but even then it's pretty rarely. So leather works out OK in that case.

I am beginning to discover Nato straps, found one that I enjoy wearing. All the ones I've tried up until now I disliked. Though I don't see myself putting the MO on a Nato!

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Did someone way leather? :-d

·
Registered
576 Posts
Rob, although the fit at the lugs is nice, I think that bracelet is all wrong for the MO. Worth a try though.

Man that MO Romans is sweeeeeeet!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts