WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone modified a Flieger Type A with a Type B hands? If so, do you have any pictures? I often look at the minute hand on the Type A and think it just seems a little too short when the blued metal "disappears" (blends in with the black face) in low light. Although not historically correct, I'm wondering how the Type B minute hand would like on the Type A dial with the Type A hour hand. I am making the assumption here that all relevant dimensions are equal between the two Types.

Thanks!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have this same problem on a Flieger that I own (not a Stowa). When the blue turns black due to the angle of view, all that is left is the lume, making the hands look too small for the dial! A lighter hued flame blue would be better?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To follow up..I enquired with Stowa about buying a set of hands to install on my Type A but apparently they won't sell them. Has anyone else attempted or succeeded in buying parts from Stowa?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But aren't the dials the same size? In the photos I have seen the minute hand goes right out to the outer ring on the Type B Flieger. And the fact the lume extends further than the Type A would surely make it appear longer given the "blue" disappears under low light.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I learned a long time ago, don't argue with Mike as he is almost always right! The B dial hands won't work with the A dial!

Ren

PS. Its a a mute point since Stowa will not sell you the hands!

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I had the same complaint when I owned the A dial--the minute hand looked too short because the blued portion blended in with the dial. I specifically asked Stowa if they'd install a B minute hand and A hour hand on an A dial, and they said no.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts