WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a go-to source for Vostok mod parts? I’ve looked on Meranom, but not sure if there’s a way to verify model compatibility for parts.
I’m looking to swap the bezel on my Komandirskie 020706

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Does anyone have a go-to source for Vostok mod parts? I’ve looked on Meranom, but not sure if there’s a way to verify model compatibility for parts.
I’m looking to swap the bezel on my Komandirskie 020706
Meranom.com, Komandirskie.com, vostok-watches24.com, one-second-closer.com, bunch of sellers on ebay (just write in the search bezel amphibia vostok)...

If you're not sure if something fits, just ask the sellers, they're usually very helpfull.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Meranom.com, Komandirskie.com, vostok-watches24.com, one-second-closer.com, bunch of sellers on ebay (just write in the search bezel amphibia vostok)...

If you're not sure if something fits, just ask the sellers, they're usually very helpfull.
Awesome, thank you!

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Dunno if they still have 'em but Meranom were selling awesome grille bezels that might fit, can not find fault with Meranom and Komandirskie.com are bloody epic too, have two Amphibia's and some sundries and accessories in the post from Komdotcom, including a pair of 99 rouble 22mm Boctok bracelets which is insane cheap.

Not sure of the postage times to the states but both seem to be either side of two weeks-ish, my last Amphibia took 16 actual days which is pretty good as some of my UK stuff from UK sellers has taken longer lol

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
It's pretty easy to tell what the compatibility issues are if you look at your case. For the Vostok case on the left, the bezel protrudes past the crown, so you MUST use bezels which have the cutout at the bottom or they will never fit. For the Vostok case on the right, the bezel does not protrude past the crown so you don't have that limitation. I'm not sure what the bezel compatibility issues are with the Komandirskie bezels, but I'm pretty certain the 02 and 03 cases will take any bezel designed for any of the classic Amphibias. In the last picture you can see my 02 (which I think is basically the same as the 03 case). It has an aftermarket bezel designed for the Amphibia classic. It has the cutout, but it is not needed since the crown is outboard of the bezel.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dunno if they still have 'em but Meranom were selling awesome grille bezels that might fit, can not find fault with Meranom and Komandirskie.com are bloody epic too, have two Amphibia's and some sundries and accessories in the post from Komdotcom, including a pair of 99 rouble 22mm Boctok bracelets which is insane cheap.

Not sure of the postage times to the states but both seem to be either side of two weeks-ish, my last Amphibia took 16 actual days which is pretty good as some of my UK stuff from UK sellers has taken longer lol
Cheers, this helps a lot! Thank you for taking the time to respond!

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's pretty easy to tell what the compatibility issues are if you look at your case. For the Vostok case on the left, the bezel protrudes past the crown, so you MUST use bezels which have the cutout at the bottom or they will never fit. For the Vostok case on the right, the bezel does not protrude past the crown so you don't have that limitation. I'm not sure what the bezel compatibility issues are with the Komandirskie bezels, but I'm pretty certain the 02 and 03 cases will take any bezel designed for any of the classic Amphibias. In the last picture you can see my 02 (which I think is basically the same as the 03 case). It has an aftermarket bezel designed for the Amphibia classic. It has the cutout, but it is not needed since the crown is outboard of the bezel.

View attachment 15441885

This is extremely helpful, especially with the photos. Thank you so much!

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
Thanks, I already have the bezel, but damn are those inserts expensive. I got the same one in green from a guy on ebay somewhat cheaper, but he doesn't have any anymore.
That one is ceramic, C3 lumed, and very high quality. If you want to compromise on one or all of those things you can certainly find them cheaper.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
That one is ceramic, C3 lumed, and very high quality. If you want to compromise on one or all of those things you can certainly find them cheaper.
the one I found is all that too, but likevIbsaid, the guy had only green and doesn't have any anymore... but yeah, quality costs

1 - 12 of 12 Posts