WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

Registered
Citizen, Seiko, Casio, Victorinox
Discussion Starter #1
So which models are moddable?....or, which one is easiest/cheapest? I need to dig my old one out and see which model/reference it is. I'm liking the look of some of these metal G-Shocks

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
:D oops...title fixed

Reactions: Dxnnis and Myrrhman

Registered
Wow, do you have pics???
Sure.

I did lie a little. I modded the display of the B5600, because I don't want to mess with the more expensive STN display of the B5000.
And then I swapped the modules. So my B5600 now has the STN display.

I had always wished they had just released the black B5000 with a positive display, but they didn't, so I had to do it myself hehe.

The titanium square would be a dream to have, but it's waaaay too expensive for my liking.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
i've got the bug to mod....think I will start with a DW5600...I really like the camo look that I've seen on YouTube

Registered
I love the mods I did with my GW-M5610-1BJF (gun-metal stainless steel case cover w/ bracelet topped off with black bull bar)...
CasioGW-M5610Grey002.jpg

Registered
G-Shock
I did a straight forward mod on my Mudmaster, it changed the aesthetics to a more rugged tacticool appearance, I quite like it. I understand its not everyone's taste.

Do you prefer the mod or the original?

Registered
i've got the bug to mod....think I will start with a DW5600...I really like the camo look that I've seen on YouTube
Good choice, especially if price is a factor. People complain about the bare bones module, but it has some pros that even the highest end squares lack (flash alert, auto-repeat on CDT, being about to hold down the backlight button, setting an alarm for a specific day).

The DW5600E - $50 (classic, slightly gritty grey LCD)
DW5600BB - $60-70ish (negative display, solid black dial goes with anything, not the most legible)
DW5600MW - $70-80ish (white dial, very nice mirror LDC and inverted backlight)
DW5610SU - $80-90 (negative display, classic dial with red or yellow accents)

A few things to consider:
Get a decent springbar tool and learn to swap bands without pitting the lugs.
Don't overtighten the bezel screws.
Learn which bezels are/not compatible.

If you decide on spending a bit more ($150-200), I'd go with the GWX-5700CS-1 (module has nearly every bell and whistle) or GW-B5600BC-1B.

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
Good choice, especially if price is a factor. People complain about the bare bones module, but it has some pros that even the highest end squares lack (flash alert, auto-repeat on CDT, being about to hold down the backlight button, setting an alarm for a specific day).

The DW5600E - $50 (classic, slightly gritty grey LCD)
DW5600BB - $60-70ish (negative display, solid black dial goes with anything, not the most legible)
DW5600MW - $70-80ish (white dial, very nice mirror LDC and inverted backlight)
DW5610SU - $80-90 (negative display, classic dial with red or yellow accents)

A few things to consider:
Get a decent springbar tool and learn to swap bands without pitting the lugs.
Don't overtighten the bezel screws.
Learn which bezels are/not compatible.

If you decide on spending a bit more ($150-200), I'd go with the GWX-5700CS-1 (module has nearly every bell and whistle) or GW-B5600BC-1B.
I really like the look of the dark camo mod that i've seen all over youtube....can that be done with a GW series?

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
Reactions: Khemin

Registered
That is freakin sweet...and it answered the question that I posted prior to this one....where do you get the MOD set?
While I am not a fan at all of buying anything Chinese unless absolutely necessary... yet they are the only ones offering these mod kits and they are high quality and with proper Casio signage. I'll tell you up front... the gun-metal set is VERY hard to find, but it looks amazing! In my view, the black, silver and gold are just too ghetto blingy. So hopefully you can just keep searching here and also on eBay (that's where I found my set) and you'll find one, too! If you can score one, you'll not only have what I consider the best of the mods but also one of the rarest!

Here's a link to an AliExpress store that sells them... (US $23.56 38% OFF|Watch accessories for Casio G SHOCK small square metal case strap DW5600 5035 GW M5610 5000 modified men's strap|Watchbands| - AliExpress ) and where you'll see the gun-metal version at far right in the main group photo. However, you'll see it's no longer available for sale there. But there are MANY AliExpress stores ... dozens that sell these mod kits. Perhaps if you search long enough you'll find one, too! Or, perhaps at eBay as I did. Best wishes! :)

Reactions: BoomerSooner74

Registered
I really like the look of the dark camo mod that i've seen all over youtube....can that be done with a GW series?
GW-B5600, GWX5600/5700 and GW-5000 take the same size strap and bezel as the DW5600, however the GW-5000 is a steel case & screwback and it can be a royal PITA installing the aftermarket steel kits on them.

Registered
Reactions: BoomerSooner74

Registered
Discussion Starter #20
GW-B5600, GWX5600/5700 and GW-5000 take the same size strap and bezel as the DW5600, however the GW-5000 is a steel case & screwback and it can be a royal PITA installing the aftermarket steel kits on them.
Thanks for the info...man, there are so many variants, it's crazy

1 - 20 of 35 Posts