WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

No matter if now they come with compass, barometer or whatever. After many many years of collecting G-Shocks, DW-6900 is still my favourite model and the one I wear more often.

Even better: You put a nato on it and you get the PERFECT WATCH.

Here's my collection of DW-6900's on nato. Most of them are based on old vintage models I got on eBay for next to nothing. A new bezel, a nato, and voila!

Hope ya like 'em. : )

Best,

G.

--

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Hi guys,

No matter if now they come with compass, barometer or whatever. After many many years of collecting G-Shocks, DW-6900 is still my favourite model and the one I wear more often.

Even better: You put a nato on it and you get the PERFECT WATCH.

Here's my collection of DW-6900's on nato. Most of them are based on old vintage models I got on eBay for next to nothing. A new bezel, a nato, and voila!

Hope ya like 'em. : )

Best,

G.

--

The Grey/Orange combo is perfect :p

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Thank you. Are they different than Jay&Kay's adapters?
The OP is in Spain, so he's probably never seen JaysAndKays' adapters except (possibly) in pictures here. :)

The Casio adapters are very similar in size and shape to JaysAndKays' ORIGINAL adapters. From this thread [ https://www.watchuseek.com/f17/velcro-strap-options-g-shock-dw-5600bb-3495554-2.html ] a week ago:

Just wanted to clarify something... our first series of adapters was essentially a clone of OEM with some very minor differences but I wasn't happy with the OEM limited application or appearance so introduced my own design not long after so as to improve both fit and aesthetics. Haven't sold the clones for what I would guess to be 3 or 4 years now (?). At times I wonder if some comments are referring to the clones.
From what he and others have written, and from what I can tell from the pictures, JaysAndKays' new adapters are slightly different from Casio's stock adapters in three ways: (1) they're a better fit in a variety of G-Shock models, in part because of better production tolerances, (2) they are flat on the front surface, with no decorative "ridges" as the Casio adapters have, and (3) they're designed for 24mm straps, but that wider "slot" sometimes allows 24mm straps to slide around on the adapters a bit. (Casio's adapters are designed for their own 23mm straps, so most 24mm nylon straps can be a snug fit, which can be both a good or a bad thing depending on one's point of view. I personally don't mind if they're a little more work to put a strap through if that means they will grip the strap and the watch won't slide around, but I also don't change my nylon straps as frequently as some other people.)

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you. Are they different than Jay&Kay's adapters?
Mike is right. I've never seen JaysAndKays' adapters. All I can say is that the ones Casio used to add to their old DW-6900 are great. They are fixed.

I never liked the adapters in models like
dw-9000, for example, which move so much the watch never stays in place. At least this is what happens in my wrist.

Cheers,

G.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts