WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think? I may leave it like this or just invest in a MTG-910 (If I can find one). The thing is, I love the case of the 810BD - is the MTG-910 just as comfy and easy to fit under the shirt sleeve?

Now if only I could be sure it was charging the battery OK! :)

Cheers, and a happy new year.
Joe.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
It looks great! :-!

My wife got me a GW-810D for x'mas, love it but I do find it hard to read in poor light (give's me an excuse to keep using the EL :-d ).

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks great! :-!

My wife got me a GW-810D for x'mas, love it but I do find it hard to read in poor light (give's me an excuse to keep using the EL :-d ).
Sounds like me when I first got mine. Did you find that a night or two of auto EL brings it down to medium battery power?

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
What do you think? I may leave it like this or just invest in a MTG-910 (If I can find one). The thing is, I love the case of the 810BD - is the MTG-910 just as comfy and easy to fit under the shirt sleeve?

Now if only I could be sure it was charging the battery OK! :)

Cheers, and a happy new year.
Joe.

I'm guessing the MTG-910 is going to be a bit taller than this watch. Will it slide under shirt sleeve? Depends on how loose you like your shirt sleeves.

Also no countdown timer on this MTG. It does have time stamp feature which I have used to mark the beginning and end of power outages so I know if I need to toss food when fridge is down.

cheers

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Sounds like me when I first got mine. Did you find that a night or two of auto EL brings it down to medium battery power?
Yep. I switched the auto EL off now and even when using the EL button a lot, the battery level remains at high.

The negative about this watch is the display being hard to read in poor light, but on the flip side, the EL lights up the display just perfect when using it at night.

I've found when reading the time with some of my other watches ie my G2110, the backlight is sometimes so bright I can't read the time and have the after image of the display burning in my eyes for ages after :-d

1 - 5 of 5 Posts