WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
(COPIED TO WATCHMAKING FORUM)

I wonder;

are 7s25a and nh25a both the same in dial / hand positioning - dial feet holes on both movements are the same?

I have an Invicta 6013 incoming which uses nh25a movement. Now this watch should be a present for my nephew if it arrives until birthday. If not, I would like to modify it since I don't like that invicta bling all over the dial and I wonder if it's possible.

Now I have seen Yobokies hands and dials but I don't know how to order what I like. Other than that, I found some military dials on the bay but it's hard to guess if those fit on this movement since they're all marked as "dial for 2824" and I don't know if that date window fits nh25a.

What do you suggest?

So this is the watch... and due to the cyclops on the glass (is it possible to remove it?) I have to use date window dial..

And this is what I'd like to fit it with...

Or if I remove the cyclops (don't know how tho) - this:

·
Affordables Moderator
17,578 Posts
Nice dials, are they all Yobokies?
I am not sure about the 7sXX and NH25a, I have read they are essentially the same movement so the dials should have the same feet and line up properly. I believe ETA feet are different though and would need to be removed/replaced or use "dial dots", which are little double sided sticky pieces of tape. I had to use them to install an ETA dial on my handwind ST97.

The guys on the Watchmaking forum (or maybe the modders on Seiko/Citizen) could probably help you out.

Cheers,
Griff

·
Affordables Moderator
17,578 Posts
Good luck, let us know how you make out! Yobokies and Noah Fuller have a nice selection of dials for Seiko, it would be great to use them on ETA movements if possible, without dial dots.

Cheers,
Griff

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
The problem you are going to run into is that the invicta has the crown at 3:00, and most of the mod dials for the 7s26 are for watches with the crown at 4:00. This will result in the dial being twisted one hour counter clock wise when installed in your invicta. The NH25 and the 7s25 are the same movement BTW.

I have been thinking about getting a dial from a stainless Samurai for this type of modification to an invicta. It is date only and has the crown at 3:00, so it should work.

·
Banned
11,612 Posts
The NHxx and the 7Sxx movements are not similar, they are the same movement. The only difference is that The NH25 made by Seiko's TMI subsidiary for 3rd party sales, is the older A-Variant of the movement. Seiko uses the upgraded B-variant in Seiko branded products produced after November 2006. Both movements use the exact same dials, but dial orientation varies depending on whether the crowns are located at 0300 or 0345 in the watches they are fitted to.

As for using the dials on a different company's caliber, you will most likely need to measure the diameter of the dial to see if it fits the movement and case you intend to put it in. also check the center hole to make sure that everything fits in the middle as well. Assuming you can get this far, you WILL need to break the feet off the dial and uses double stick dots to literally stick it to the main plate of the movement.

That hands will almost surely not swap though, as different companies use different axle diameters and these are made for seiko.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts