WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there all! Thanks for the welcome Martin on the other UX thread!

After reading all about the Mystical 142 series, and how unavailability it is, I picked up a D1 Ti. It didn't sell in Thailand, so it was brought into the shop in Singapore

I know there is some misgivings about the missing seconds dial, and the cluttered Space Shutlle logo, as well as it's ' military' pedigree. However, its a beautiful watch, and I find my eyes admiring its dial design whenever I can

It does feel too light and too fragile, in fact it seems to make a better 'make a statement' dress watch.

Its almost impossible to turn the crown operating the movable bezel if you wear it on your left arm, it is easier to do so if it is on your right.

Would anyone have any comments on the D1 Ti?

·
Registered
837 Posts
I own one, and I love it!
I wear mine on the right arm, as I'm left handed.
Don't mind the missing seconds, gives me peace of mind, not knowing how many seconds it has gained or lost in a day.
Love the little shuttle too.
And, light it may be, but it's my favorite watch for heavy use, indestructable!

Enjoy your watch,

Cheers,

Daddel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dear Daddel

Thanks for the information! You're another one of the lucky 500!

Does the D1 scratch easily? What kind of wear and tear do you put it through?

Hope hear from you soon.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Hi Pangllui,

Titanium is a strange metal, I'm not an expert on metals, but a titanium watch does"n't show scratches easily, it's not a very hard metal, but scratches seem to disappear by itself!
On my steel watches scratches are showing up much more easily.
I'm a cyclist, no driverslicense, (this is Holland), so the watch hes to put up with me cycling to work every day.
It has to encounter snow, sleet, and lots of rain, and some bumpy roads.
But I must say, that it's one of my most precise running watches.

Hope the watch grows on you, for me it's a keeper.

Cheers,

Daddel.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I am also a recent owner of a Sinn D1 in Singapore, I must say I absolutely love it.

I think this one is a keeper for me too!

Don't know where HG got my D1 though, as it was apparently all sold out all over the world but they just had that one piece for me ! :thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts