WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few G-Shocks, and find myself most often wearing the ones that display current time somewhere on the screen while in the stopwatch function. I use my stopwatch everyday, and find it immensely annoying when I cannot see the current time. SO The question becomes what models display the time while running the chronograph? Obviouslty the analogues will display it, but I am interested in digital. I currently have the GD-350, DW-5600E, and DW-6900. Are there any others?

·
Registered
5,784 Posts

·
Registered
8,131 Posts
This question comes up a lot around here. Unfortunately, Casio seems to leave this feature OFF many of their solar and solar/atomic G-Shocks, but all of my Pathfinder/Pro Treks show current time in stopwatch and countdown timer mode.

https://www.watchuseek.com/f17/stopwatch-current-time-display-same-time-327710-3.html

https://www.watchuseek.com/f17/q-cu...r-stopwatch-modes-5600-square-gs-1768042.html
Yes, my Pathfinder PAW2000 seems to show the current time in all other modes where it makes sense to do so. One feature it doesn't have, that most of my G-Shocks have, is the ability to show a second timezone on the main timekeeping screen.

·
Registered
36,304 Posts
Yes!

And additionally the Rangeman has the Fantastic added feature of one-touch stopwatch startup from normal time mode by pushing the lower right button....instant timer!

No cycling thru the modes to find STW like all other watches. Of course one can still cycle thru as well if need be.

Fortunately the buttons are well protected by the bezel from most accidental startup pushes.

·
Registered
8,131 Posts
Yes!

And additionally the Rangeman has the Fantastic added feature of one-touch stopwatch startup from normal time mode by pushing the lower right button....instant timer!

No cycling thru the modes to find STW like all other watches. Of course one can still cycle thru as well if need be.

Fortunately the buttons are well protected by the bezel from most accidental startup pushes.
Doesn't the Rangeman also have a quick return to the timekeeping mode, by pressing and holding the Mode button? That is a feature I wish all of my Casios had.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Doesn't the Rangeman also have a quick return to the timekeeping mode, by pressing and holding the Mode button? That is a feature I wish all of my Casios had.
Yes it does, and when the stop watch is running, a press of the lower right button takes it back to stop watch mode again. The Rangeman actually shows the current time in nearly all modes, it is I think the most functional G

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Yes!

my favourite feature from the rangeman TBH! one button to start the stopwatch... but i guess this feature also shared by protreks that used v3 sensor movements, right?

·
Registered
36,304 Posts
my favourite feature from the rangeman TBH! one button to start the stopwatch... but i guess this feature also shared by protreks that used v3 sensor movements, right?
Don't know, don't own a v.3 Protrek, only v.1 & 2.Once the Rangeman came along, the Protreks have been getting used less.

Pro-trek PRW-S2500MG

PRG-80T titanium

PRG-60T titanium

PRG-550-1A4

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
what? how come?? i always thought they're sharing the same module, only different casing and branding! :O
umm diff button layout.
the rangeman obviously has all ABC functions sharing one common button, so it has a free button to implement its one-press stopwatch.

·
Registered
358 Posts
The GDF-100 has this feature too! Along with the alti, baro and temp features. So if you're not keen on the Rangeman but would like those features, this may be an alternative. Also, the display on this watch is fantastic! It's so clear and legible. Absolutely love mine!
The other alternative is the Riseman which was the watch the Rangeman replaced. Fantastic watch as well! I own two and love both! It also displays time in stopwatch mode. Wears smaller than the Rangeman and the GDF-100.

Cheers,
Will.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts