WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you modded a Seiko Kinetic diver? I like the watch, but don't care for the hands. Can anybody post me a pic of their watch with plonger hands? How about a bezel from a Monster (will if fit)?

I'm looking for some creative ideas to change the look of my watch.

Thanks for your help!

Ron

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
I thought of going with the plonger hands eventually. I like the hands it comes with, but I'll want to change it up eventually. Love the stock bezel though too.

·
Banned
5,568 Posts
There are a couple of people selling dials and hands for Seiko mods over on the Sales forum.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are a couple of people selling dials and hands for Seiko mods over on the Sales forum.

Saw them...will they fit the Kinetic or Quartz watches????

·
Banned
5,568 Posts
Saw them...will they fit the Kinetic or Quartz watches????
They usually list which watches the dials and hands will fit. If not you could probably PM them to see if they have what you are looking for and if they will work in your watches.

·
Registered
15 Posts
am very interested in modding my BFK. I've had this wonderful watch for about a year and for the most part I love it. It was a 30th birthday gift from my father and I wear it 24/7/365. It only comes off during showers for safety and since I wear it continuously the Kinetic charging issues aren't a problem. I plan on keeping this watch. The problem is that due to my work the skeleton hands have become annoying. I use to love the hands for their uniqueness but since much of my job takes place in low light / no light conditions, for prolonged durations, I find them less than ideal. I've found that the small amount of Lume on the ends of the hands, complicated by their size, positioning and fading makes it hard to rapidly determine the correct time in the dark. I seem to have to give extra focus on the hands to determine the individual locations. This has resulted in errors when doing this rapidly.

I want to swap out the hands and I have a couple possible options in mind. This is where your expertise comes in.

I like the hand set SKXA35 as well as the hour and minute hands on the SKJ001.

First, are these the same exact hands in both models? Second, will either choice work on the BFK?

Regarding the second hand, I prefer the second hand from the SKXA35. I think this may look good on the BFK. Will this second hand fit on the BFK considering size / length? Also will the Lume color on this hand match the BFK Lume? I cannot tell from internet pics. Another choice would be the second hand from the SNZF15. I think it looks good also.

I know many people will advise that I leave it original but I know I will be happier and more satisfied after this change.

I also would appreciate info on sourcing these hands as well as normal price range for this type of mod. I have no experience in this area so any help will be welcome. I really like the gentleman from monsterwatches work with this watch. Are the any recommended modders for the BFK in the states? I will send it or do whatever to get this change. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
I am not an expert but having done one mod I can say that the hour and minute hands holes of the Kinetic watch are different in size from the usual Mechanical movement (7s26 etc.). Sp the usual hands you see for sale from Yobokies and Noah don't fit.

The bezel is bigger too, the watch is about 44 mm while the SKX line is around 42 mm so I doubt they would work. As for the dials, I actually don't know. They are probably fine size wise but the feet may be in a different location.

I have done this mod which includes my impressions etc.

https://www.watchuseek.com/f74/custom-seiko-divers-italian-power-design-420900.html

here is one photo of the watch I modded:

Carlo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts