WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am offering the following oils for hobbyists to share. I purchased these from Otto Frei and will never use them all. I am dividing everything up into 8 shares and am keeping two shares for myself. That means 6 kits will be available.

Here is what the kit will contain:

D5 - 1ml - barrel side gear train
9010 - 1/4ml - escape side of gear train, balance
9415 - 1/4ml - pallet face
Barrel grease - 1ml - barrel wall
KT22 - 1ml - stem and keyless

You can serving several watches to eta specs with the amounts in the split. A drop of each per service is enough.

Here is an example of how to place the oil on an old mineral glass crystal to minimize waste. Oil cups are great for pros but there is no reason to measure out more than a drop of each for one watch at a time. Barrel grease and stem lube just come right from the bottle. The drops on here are enough to service a couple watches and is the leftover from the transfer to vials.

In this picture, I have place 25 drops of novostar h on a mineral crystal. Each drop is enough for one service. The vial on the left is exactly 1/4 ml and the vial on the right is after measuring out the 25 drops. As you see there is barely a drop in the level in the vial.

One thing to note is the amounts of 9415 and 9010 are 1/4 of a ml. While I know that is a small amount, it should be enough to service several watches. This was split in 8 just like the others. The 9010 can get stuck up in the cap so keep these upright once you get them. A quick flick of the wrist gets the majority of the oil to the bottom or take the oil from the cap. the 9415 is thicker than one would expect and sticks to the side of the vial. There is 1/4 ml in there and just use a needle or a small cleaned screwdriver to move to your cups or slide.

I am holding off selling any individual oils until I can gauge interest in the full sets. I may consider splitting these up in the future.

$30 shipped for the above amounts. I will throw in a generic fine tip oiler with the first 5 full sets.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
4 are gone 2 left. I also found 1 more generic oiler to include so all sets will come with an oiler.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts