WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My uncle was a collector of Militaria, however he recently passed away. He left me a couple of items which I want to stay within the family.

I like watches, however I have very little knowledge about the ones that he passed to me.

One of the watches is a Moeris Military watch marked ATP with the number P2850. It also has a serial no of 2726481.

I have attached a watch which looks identical and in similar condition to mine.

I would like to know its rough value so that I can insure it correctly.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Neil

Attachments

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Hi -

Over at the vintage forum we get this question a lot.

The answer is: what the market will bear. :)

That said, you can go to eBay and search on Moeris for completed auctions and get an idea of what your watch is worth. That is probably the simplest way of handling such an evaluation: we do not evaluate watches for their value here, as this opens up a whole can of worms (not the least of which would be our liability) that we don't want to get into.

There is a note in the vintage forum at the top which gives you a good idea of what a watch is worth...

JohnF

S

·
0 Posts
Hi Neil,

First of all I´d like to welcome you at Watchuseek and our Public Forum as well.

Such kinda military watches are often offered at ebay, so a good way to figure at a value is checking the bay. Most of the military watches have been fitted with A.Schild handwounded movements. Prices are (very) different in relation to
+ condition of the watch (case as well as the movement)
+ availability (means rareness)

Found that one which is offered for 160$, marked with DH on the back (DH= Deutsches Heer).

(I am not affiliated with seller)

You have to take into consideration that these watches have been issued in great quantities, so there are still many watches of that type around.

For more infomation or a more intensive look, I´d lik to point you at Konrad Knirim's book "Military Timepieces 150 Years Watches and Clocks of German Forces ". Konrad is a real expert on military watches of WW II. You may also search google (Knirim Moeris) to find some informations on Moeris watches.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information John and Mike.

I will hav a look through Ebay and also see if I can find the book your referred to Mike.

Thanks again.

S

·
0 Posts
Thanks for the information John and Mike.

I will hav a look through Ebay and also see if I can find the book your referred to Mike.

Thanks again.
Well, the book is quite expensive but you´ll find a lot of knowledge regarding Knirim and his book if you go google :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts