WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cleaning out my parents’ house - found this in my mother’s jewelry box. It says “Gallatin ... Swiss Made.” It’s a hand (manual) wind watch that goes on a necklace, i.e. a pendant watch. Unfortunately, it doesn’t run at all, in spite of the excellent physical condition. I can wind it, and the crown works well enough to set the time, but that’s it.

I can’t find any info on these via Google, and we don’t have an horological community here in my area. Searching WUS only turned up two FS posts for a Timex watch called “Gallatin.” Can someone tell me more about the brand, more about this watch, and where I might have it repaired?

Attachments

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
18,806 Posts
Looks like a modern (late sixties onwards) ladies' pendant watch. I'm afraid that there are no entries in mikrolisk for "Gallatin". Maybe just a fashion watch or it was too insignificant t owarrant inclusion there.

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Resurrecting this thread because I at last moved to a big enough city with local watch repair shops. There's one that’s highly-recommended for vintage watch restoration. One look inside and he said (1) not a high-quality watch, not worth the (2) $200 to replace the mainspring.

This will just sit in a drawer for all eternity I guess. If it was a true vintage piece I'd fix it. If it was a watch someone cared about (I don't remember my Mom wearing this; my Dad forgot ever getting her this; my wife says she'd never wear it) I'd fix it. But it has no value whatsoever, except for -$200.

Check with Jason at 'The Tick Tock Shop' in Santa Clara, CA.
They never bothered to answer my voice- or e-mail <|

1 - 4 of 4 Posts