WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just got the watch I have been after for sometime as it was reduced by £1,250 a big chuncky Monaco Sixty Nine. I was just wondering whether anyone had any experince of the analogue timiming and how often you had to wind it? Also the correct way to wind the watch?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have just got the watch I have been after for sometime as it was reduced by £1,250 a big chuncky Monaco Sixty Nine. I was just wondering whether anyone had any experince of the analogue timiming and how often you had to wind it? Also the correct way to wind the watch?

are you sure you have the sixty-nine? its originally costs (from here) 3722 Sterling .

If it was reduced by 1250 they must have been really desperate to sell it.

be careful with your mechanical watch,its more sensitive than an automatic. don't over wind it. Just wind it about 6 turns ,its enough.wind it everyday

if you over wind it the steel wire inside will get jammed

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are you sure you have the sixty-nine? its originally costs (from here) 3722 Sterling .

If it was reduced by 1250 they must have been really desperate to sell it.

be careful with your mechanical watch,its more sensitive than an automatic. don't over wind it. Just wind it about 6 turns ,its enough.wind it everyday

if you over wind it the steel wire inside will get jammed

Thanks for the heads up I guess I am used to automatics and not used to my watch just stopping.
There is a sale in Goldsmiths in Reading at the moment and TAGs are being reduced not the Grand Carreras though!!
It was reduced from £4,250 to £3,000 so not far off your price. Here are some pictures which I took with my phone so I apologise for the quality!

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks for the heads up I guess I am used to automatics and not used to my watch just stopping.
There is a sale in Goldsmiths in Reading at the moment and TAGs are being reduced not the Grand Carreras though!!
It was reduced from £4,250 to £3,000 so not far off your price. Here are some pictures which I took with my phone so I apologise for the quality!
hah,no problem...though it was much cheaper from here :p and we had reduced it too where I work.
I remember selling it too an English man with a massive pram with twins inside.
He bought like he was choosing a sandwich

·
Registered
225 Posts
Its also on sale here in Malaysia - up to 28% off. I don't think its a very good seller for Tag. Personally I can't see myself wearing one. For one thing, its very "chunky" thick. On the standard leather strap it comes with, it feels pretty "unbalanced". It really needs a thicker leather strap or a beefier rubber strap to to balance the weight of the watch.

·
Registered
17,515 Posts
please don't make statements about winding a mechanical or a automatic watch and tell people that it damages them. a automatic can be wound forever as it has a clutch built in as a over wind protecter. a hand wind mechanical needs a full wind to function well. that requires that they be wound until the crown stops. then it will run for 2 days, then wind it again. with a automatic, giving it 6 winds isn't enough to start the movement in most cases. give it at least 30 to 40 winds then set the time and your good to go. to the new members here. please don't give out any advice that you don't know to be true. most of the long time members on this forum own plenty of watches and have the knowlege and 1st had experience with these movments.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts