WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I yielded to temptation about a month ago and finally purchased a Seiko Black Monster. I love this watch! I replaced the stock rubber strap on the watch with a Seiko Z22 strap which only required a little bit of trimming. I just think the wider strap compliments the watch better. Anyway, it’s freakishly accurate. Since I’ve started wearing the watch, it has drifted within 1 second. The thing is more dead-on than any quartz watch I own (and certainly far more accurate than my SKX-173 which gains around 10 seconds a day when fully wound…and that’s not shabby from what I understand). Did I just manage to hit the jackpot with this particular watch or is performance like this routine? Should I expect a larger degree of drift as the watch is broken in? As an aside, I very rarely take the thing off…I don’t wear it in the shower, but other than that, I like having it on my wrist. Maybe that’s helping out?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I yielded to temptation about a month ago and finally purchased a Seiko Black Monster. I love this watch! I replaced the stock rubber strap on the watch with a Seiko Z22 strap which only required a little bit of trimming. I just think the wider strap compliments the watch better. Anyway, it’s freakishly accurate. Since I’ve started wearing the watch, it has drifted within 1 second. The thing is more dead-on than any quartz watch I own (and certainly far more accurate than my SKX-173 which gains around 10 seconds a day when fully wound…and that’s not shabby from what I understand). Did I just manage to hit the jackpot with this particular watch or is performance like this routine? Should I expect a larger degree of drift as the watch is broken in? As an aside, I very rarely take the thing off…I don’t wear it in the shower, but other than that, I like having it on my wrist. Maybe that’s helping out?
I think I hit the jackpot with mine too! Although I've only had it for about 36 hours, it's also freakishly accurate. I also have been wearing it all day from rise to bedtime and not in the shower. Do you sleep with yours?

·
Registered
586 Posts
The Sumo which has a step up in movement from the Monster has been advertised as within 25 seconds per day. (I haven't seen ad add for the Monster movement.) That might seem high considering the Swiss COSC is -4/+6 seconds per day for automatics, but there are 86,400 seconds in a day. That said, I have never had a Seiko automatic that was 25 seconds per day or more off. My Sumo and my Monster right now are both about +10/+15 seconds per day, which I think is astounding.

·
Registered
994 Posts
The thing is more dead-on than any quartz watch I own
Dude i'm really happy for you, from what i've read the monsters are really not accurate, but i don't think it is nearly as accurate as a quartz watch.
Normal accuracy for any dependable quartz piece is +/- 15 sec a month.

Congrats on your monster, post pics when you can

Cheers!

Red

1 - 4 of 4 Posts