WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Hacking and hand wind capabilities....That's what I'm taking about, still like the old markers tho.

·
Registered
7,316 Posts
Although I'm not a Monster fan (either the current or the upcoming one), I hope this means the SKX007/009 sucessor is coming soon too!
Was just about to say this myself! If they are phasing out the 7s26 in the new 5's and the Monsters, the next gen SKX flagship must be in the breach.

·
Registered
15,185 Posts
Seiko's just playing catch-up, and rather timidly too. But still, not bad; better than nothing.
But I've seen some fabulous mod jobs here that really took this iconic design to where it shoulda / coulda been in the first place, and much more.
I am just grateful that Seiko makes it possible for let us mod their watches in the first place.
As I write, I am wearing one that could pass for a "German" micro brand - if it had the right sounding name on the dial. Seriously. Dayum.
* - Ceracoated, courtesy MCWW

DSC00058.JPG

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
Was just about to say this myself! If they are phasing out the 7s26 in the new 5's and the Monsters, the next gen SKX flagship must be in the breach.

I said way back in Sept 2010 that they were phasing out all non-hack/wind movements watches, after being told so by SII at the HK Watch & Clock Fair. This is no surprise.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I guess from what's been done to the new monster that the new 007/9's will be a new movement and minor dial change too. Not such a bad thing, if it ain't broke.... ;-)

·
Registered
7,316 Posts

I said way back in Sept 2010 that they were phasing out all non-hack/wind movements watches, after being told so by SII at the HK Watch & Clock Fair. This is no surprise.
Seems to coincide with my first Seiko purchase and my signing up here. I will view it as a supernatural awakening within me. =)

·
Banned
8,921 Posts

I remember you mentioning that :)

Which begs the question...why did Seiko produce the 7sxxC???

·
Registered
Unabashed Casio G-Shock fanboy
8,333 Posts
I thought that one of the strengths of the non-hacking movements, such as the 7sxx, is its robustness. I hope the newer hack/wind movements are just as durable.

·
Registered
15,185 Posts
I thought that one of the strengths of the non-hacking movements, such as the 7sxx, is its robustness. I hope the newer hack/wind movements are just as durable.
Me too.
But if I had to choose, I would choose robustness over hackability -- IF it was one or the other.
Wearing a watch that might be running as much as 30 seconds +/- THAT day when I am wearing it, doesn't bother me or affect me. At all.
If it can do that steadily for 20+ years, maintenance/repair free, that's alright in my book.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts