WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,545 Posts
Wonderful fotos!

I have been taking some close up fotos of my watches' dials as well, but they are not even close to these magnificent fotos!

Thanks for sharing . . .

Capt. Serdal

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Very nice, mind to share which len is that and where to get it?
I'm using my Nikon D7000 with a Nikkor 50mm f/1.4, mounted on a Zykkor Macro Extension Tube Set. I had the body and lens for quite some time but it really can't be used for macro so I took a gamble on that extension tube set from amazon.

There's zero optics going on inside (ie, no glass) but rather they're just spacers that get your lens further away from the film/sensor while retaining quite a bit of the image quality of the lens that's mounted on it. Focusing becomes far trickier with such a shallow depth of field (even though I was stuck at f/22), and the fact that you're nearly touching your subject with the end of your lens.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AWESOME PICS!

That is MEGA MACRO. Are you using a DSLR?
Yup, Nikon D7000, 50mm f/1.4, macro extension tubes. The tubes are the highlight of this post so it doesn't matter what lenses you have or what media you're capturing the light with!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Is it just me or does the monster have astonishingly good fit and finish for a watch in it's price range? If i compare this to my seiko 5 and my other 200 dollar range seiko chrono theres just no comparison how they would hold up under macro photography, the hands on my other two watches look like they were carved with a chisel close up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts