WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Monster owners! Got a question here. When I shake the watch to wind it up I can hear the watch winding quite clearly whereas some of my other automatics wind much more quietly. It sounds like a miny ratchet in there. Do you other Seiko Monster owners experience this noise or is it just my monster? It runs fine it just seems that the movement is kinda loud. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Banned
5,568 Posts
I don't have a Monster(yet :-D ) but I do have an older Winward and a new Seiko 5. I noticed the same thing with both of them, when I shake/swing to get it going I hear the internals as well. That may be the case with all Seiko autos, but I'm not positive. I'm sure others will chime in with their observations.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
It's much more apparent with the Seiko 7S movements than the ETA 2824 or the Miyota 8215 as they wind bi-directionally.......now if you really hear and feel a movement wind........shke a Valjoux 7750! :)

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! What movement is found inside the Monster? Does anyone have a pic of the movement?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts