WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
The only monster's I see that he has is the BM. Which he is selling for $169, which is a little above average or even average. But overall, those prices are quite higher than what can be had, not sure why though?

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you scroll down on the right side of the page there are monsters that are priced at $1850, it might be just a mistake on the page.

Yogev

·
Banned
11,612 Posts
If you scroll down on the right side of the page there are monsters that are priced at $1850, it might be just a mistake on the page.

Yogev
He is talking about the red and the blue monsters available for sale. The red one is a limited edition model (and I use that term very loosely, as 1313 units were made available for sale, which is not exactly a limited amount). The blue one is a Thai market model that was made for a bit over two years for the thai market. Also not rare.

His prices are trying to take advantage of the price premium commanded by the only truly limited edition version of the monster, the yellow monster, of which there are only 300. The current trade price for one of those does currently approach the $2k mark. This guy seems to think that anything that is not regular production should command the same price of the yellow monster, which might explain why he is still listing them for sale.

Last I checked, blue monsters were trading in the $300-$400 range and red models where trading in the $600-$700 range.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Hello Yogev :)

I see what you're referring to; the Red and the Blue versions. The Red is an LE of 1313 pieces worldwide, the Blue is a limited run for the Thai market only. I don't know the exact count for the three years the Blue was produced, but the count is quite low as compared to the amount offered in Black and Orange.

Having said that, I don't see many of these selling at all for that price. Someone ill-informed, but madly in lust, might buy one, but I'll bet there won't be many sales at all. Nothing wrong with the watches at all; they are legit, and fine timepieces, but do not warrant (IMHO) that kind of price tag.

Now, the Yellow on the other hand, approaches that price range as the years go by. The Yellow is a commissioned piece for the 2004 Bangkok Watch & Jewelry Fair. 300 pieces only, never to be produced again. When judged as a watch, it's nothing more than a Seiko 200m diver, part of the Monster line. It's the yellow dial and the piece-count that makes it so bloody pricey.

But I happen to really like mine. :-!

Cheers!
Bill

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello Yogev :)

I see what you're referring to; the Red and the Blue versions. The Red is an LE of 1313 pieces worldwide, the Blue is a limited run for the Thai market only. I don't know the exact count for the three years the Blue was produced, but the count is quite low as compared to the amount offered in Black and Orange.

Having said that, I don't see many of these selling at all for that price. Someone ill-informed, but madly in lust, might buy one, but I'll bet there won't be many sales at all. Nothing wrong with the watches at all; they are legit, and fine timepieces, but do not warrant (IMHO) that kind of price tag.

Now, the Yellow on the other hand, approaches that price range as the years go by. The Yellow is a commissioned piece for the 2004 Bangkok Watch & Jewelry Fair. 300 pieces only, never to be produced again. When judged as a watch, it's nothing more than a Seiko 200m diver, part of the Monster line. It's the yellow dial and the piece-count that makes it so bloody pricey.

But I happen to really like mine. :-!

Cheers!
Bill
Boy, you are lucking to have the Yellow! I envy you!:-!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Boy, you are lucking to have the Yellow! I envy you!:-!
Thanks Doc, but don't be envious .... I'll share pics of this beauty anytime. :-dI was lucky to get it though .... only 300 pcs in the world, and I found a seller willing to part with his. Thanks Nelson! :-!

Cheers!
Bill

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the info guys. I really did not know that the yellow monster can reach such price tag, I would prefer to get a nice 600M;-)

Yogev

1 - 8 of 8 Posts