WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I was given a Mont Blanc Limited Edition Alexandre Dumas pen to sell but I do not know much about pens. From searching ebay, I see that it is probably worth around $500 (±$100). I know the rules state that you probably shouldn't ask for watch appraisals but can someone confirm this for me?
Pen Office supplies Fountain pen Writing implement

Also, is ebay my best bet in selling it or are there other wesbites or brick and mortar shops that might give me a good price? I would post it for sale on this site but I have not yet met the post and time requirements.

Thanks!

·
Registered
690 Posts
That seems somewhat high for one that is not a fountain pen. I will say it is my second favorite of the writers series pens. I can't see the signature so can not tell which one it is but you need to determine that when offering it for sale. Also there were a bunch of replicas of the non fountain pen models so original paperwork will help sell it.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That seems somewhat high for one that is not a fountain pen. Also there were a bunch of replicas of the non fountain pen models so original paperwork will help sell it.
It was a gift some time ago so all I have is the inner box, pen, little booklet it came with, and outer box. Is there anywhere I might be able to take this and have it certified?

What's the serial number?
Where would I find a serial #?

·
Registered
690 Posts
It was a gift some time ago so all I have is the inner box, pen, little booklet it came with, and outer box. Is there anywhere I might be able to take this and have it certified?

Where would I find a serial #?
The little booklet, if it is the warranty booklet, should have the original dealer's stamp as well as the serial number. The serial number will be two sets showing the id for that pen as well as the total number issued. XXX/ZZZ The serial numbers in the booklet should match those on the pen itself. If it is the Father's signature the number sequence will end with an "N" while the incorrect Son's signature ones will not have the last letter. The outer box should also have the serial number information and match the pen and the warranty booklet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.