WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a sanity check because, as much as I love this watch something just isn’t ‘right’.

I was wondering if anyone who has this watch can tell me if I’m going mad...

Mine has what can only be described as a ‘raspy’ noisy movement. As the weight swings is seems to ‘grind’.

Also the watch seems to rattle a little when moved.

The plot thickens a bit when I say that this was sent back to MB to look at and returned the same if not a little worse.

Does anyone have any experience with this watch and can tell me if this is normal..... because it doesn’t seem like something I would expect from a watch as refined as this - none of my other automatic watches sound nearly as bad as this!

·
Registered
744 Posts
I'm assuming this has a Sellita movement inside, which much like the stock ETA movements, will have a rattle and noise as the rotor winds. I believe the Heritage Chronometrie watches undergo the Montblanc 500 hours test? Should be good. Unfortunately, this is what you get with non in-house movements.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’ve been on to MB in Hamburg and spoke to a nice bloke who, when I repeated the sound whilst on the phone, said that it didn’t sound right.

It has an MB24.09 movement (effectively it’s a sellita SW300-1).

I have a Muhle Glashutte terrasport with an SW200-1 movement which is muuuuch quieter when side by side - and that’s based on the ever ready eta 2824-2.

I’d happily exchange it for another of the same model - will wait for them to come back to me!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts