WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I am looking to purchase a Montblanc Nicolas Rieussec Chronograph and was wondering about what would be the forum's FAD for those?

Thanks,
Oleg.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
FAD?

I just got a Montblanc Twinfly Flyback that I absolutely adore... great watch, and great customer service. I know Roller.959 has a NR and is quite fond of his.

IMHO Montblanc doesn't get the horological credit it deserves because of it's reputation as a pen company. Their timepieces are absolutely top notch.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gosh Montblanc Twinfly Flyback Chronograph is a beautiful watch!

FAD - (Forum) Favorite Authorized Dealer.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I was at my local AD last week and they had quite a few different Montblancs on display. I couldn't believe how gorgeous they were. If I found a huge bag on money i'd immediately go there and buy the two I couldn't stop staring at!

Dave

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Gosh Montblanc Twinfly Flyback Chronograph is a beautiful watch!

FAD - (Forum) Favorite Authorized Dealer.
Oleg,

Good Luck on your hunt. On the west coast, you may consider talking to Gideon's. On the east coast, check out Alicia's in NY. There are plenty others, and in the end you need to be comfortable dealing with them.

To keep you lusting:

IMG-20120429-00189.jpg

IMG-20121122-00003.jpg

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Gorgeous! Roller, such a fantastic watch.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Roller.959 thank you so much for the contacts, i'll follow up with them!

Are those pictures of you? do you actually own this watch? Tell me how do you like it?

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Beautiful watch. I've been meaning to get into an AD and check these watches out in person. Since they are still a relatively new company, they offer a solid value and will continue to gain recognition in my opinion.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Beautiful watch. I've been meaning to get into an AD and check these watches out in person. Since they are still a relatively new company, they offer a solid value and will continue to gain recognition in my opinion.
1906 is new? :)

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Roller.959 thank you so much for the contacts, i'll follow up with them!

Are those pictures of you? do you actually own this watch? Tell me how do you like it?
Yes. That is my watch. I am extremely happy with it. As I have said before...at the price, there is little to no competition for: an in-house movement, column wheel, vertical clutch, night/day, date, 72 hour reserve, GMT, off-set dial, rotating disc chrono, off-set main dial. The level of finish is fantastic and I have done the loupe work on it. Honestly, at MSRP you are getting what you pay for it, and we all know you never pay MSRP. Go for a Gen 1 to get the best deal. Clearly, I prefer the Gen 2. Any MB Rieussec is fantastic, and I can't fathom that you'd be disappointed. Good Luck!

Make sure you know what you are looking at. They have three "levels" of watches. All are beautiful, but some are superior.

1906 is new? :)
Easy. ;-) MB didn't start making watches until the mid 1990s. That said, the latest iterations, for the most part, they are worth every cent.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
IMHO Montblanc doesn't get the horological credit it deserves because of it's reputation as a pen company. Their timepieces are absolutely top notch.
Montblanc has my respect. Not only do they make pretty timepieces, some have in-house movements as well. For me though, they lack the history of some other brands that are in their price range, so I might be tempted to look elsewhere unless it were a particularly unique or beautiful timepiece.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Montblanc has my respect. Not only do they make pretty timepieces, some have in-house movements as well. For me though, they lack the history of some other brands that are in their price range, so I might be tempted to look elsewhere unless it were a particularly unique or beautiful timepiece.
What difference does it make that richemont group acuiring als versus purchasing of minerva (under the mb wing). Does als lose it's credibility as well??

Marketing 101.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts