WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have had this Montblanc Sport 3274 for about 4 years now and I absolutely love the watch.
But, I would really like to change out the rubber strap on it for a stainless steel bracelet.

I have searched all over the internet and can't seem to find anywhere that sells a bracelet specifically for this model. Do I need one just for this model? If I can use other brands, does anyone have a suggestion for what brand/where to buy?

One last question. What are the best tools that you have found to change out the strap?

Thank you for any help that can be given.
See below for pictures of the watch (not the actual watch, but the same model that I found online)

6842376_2_l.jpg 6842376_3_l.jpg

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
So I have had this Montblanc Sport 3274 for about 4 years now and I absolutely love the watch.
But, I would really like to change out the rubber strap on it for a stainless steel bracelet.

I have searched all over the internet and can't seem to find anywhere that sells a bracelet specifically for this model. Do I need one just for this model? If I can use other brands, does anyone have a suggestion for what brand/where to buy?

One last question. What are the best tools that you have found to change out the strap?

Thank you for any help that can be given.
See below for pictures of the watch (not the actual watch, but the same model that I found online)

View attachment 903892 View attachment 903893
I believe the lug width is 20mm, but I am not sure. here is what yours on a MB bracelet looks like. It is model 3273. You'd probably have to go through a Montblanc boutique to order one. I think it is around $600-$800 by last recollection, but I could easily be wrong. If you want to go after market, double check the lug width, and don't go cheap. I haven't been happy with many aftermarket bracelets. Hope this helps. Good Luck!

Beautiful watch! BTW, just for strap changes, you can get any strap change tool. I like the ones that have interchangeable heads. Hell, MB may be willing to send you one if you order the bracelet from them. After market strap dealers will usually send one to you as well.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for the info...
I love the watch to death. I have worn it a few times a week for over 4 years now. That is why I want to switch it up a little from the black rubber strap it came with.
I will talk to the Montblanc boutique near me and see what they say. I wasn't looking to spend quite that much on a bracelet tho.

Any other after market bracelets that you guys can reccommend for this watch? Was hoping to spend under $300 if possible.

Thanks for all the help!

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Well you are not going to find a bracelet that curves to fit the case like the original MB bracelet unless you are just really lucky and happen to find something designed for a watch with a similar curvature. But there are straight lug straps that would look decent I suppose. I think it might look good on a mesh style bracelet if you are into that sort of thing.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
That's a sharp looking watch. What about just upgrading to a high quality strap? What about water proof sharkskin? That would be very classy, sporty, and more in your budget.

·
Registered
1 Posts
AZ1978: I have the exact same watch with the exact same issue...want a classier looking band...did you ever find what you were looking for?? thx

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AZ1978: I have the exact same watch with the exact same issue...want a classier looking band...did you ever find what you were looking for?? thx
Actually I did find what I was looking for.
First I went to the Montblanc AD. They were very nice, but the bracelet was something like $750 and I just did not want to spend that kind of money. I also tried the watch on with the metal bracelet and it felt way too clunky for my taste.
I ended up keeping the rubber strap on for a few months and then saw a picture of a sailcloth strap on a similar looking watch and fell in love with the look.
I went to Brady Sailcloth straps and got a black on black strap (for something like $35) and absolutely love the way my watch looks now.
I have had it on for about 6 months and couldn't be happier with the new look.
A really nice bonus is the quick release springbars on the Brady straps, it makes it so easy and you do not need a tool to add the strap (but you will need one to take off the MB Rubber Strap).

Here is a pic I took and posted in the strap forum a few months ago. It is a pretty crappy picture since I took it with my old blackberry, but you will get the idea of how it looks.

MB%20on%20Sailcloth1.jpg

and this is the Brady Straps website:
Bradystraps.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts