WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Italy has become the cradle of design thanks to its designers who influence fashion, style and the haute couture world. To celebrate the 60 years of history of design, a movement “60 years of Made in Italy” was born, seeing the participation of the most important Italian brands in the business. Of course, Montegrappa, which is more than 100 years old, is honoured to be part of this exclusive selection of Italian brands that have made history with their extraordinary designs and new perspectives.

This special celebration started on March 14[SUP]th[/SUP] with the opening of the exhibition “60 anni di made in Italy”. Fashion and design will be on show in the Franz Mayer Museum until June 9[SUP]th[/SUP]. The ceremony was led by the Italian ambassador in Mexico, his Excellency Mr. Roberto Spinelli, the Franz Mayer Museum's director, Mr. Hector Rivero Borrel, the Italian Institute of culture with the support of the Italian Trade Promotion Agency and the Italian Chamber of Commerce.

photo.jpg

Montegrappa, which is the leading Italian writing implements manufacturer in the world, has a special place in the exhibition where some of the most characteristic models can be appreciated such as those of the Mexico Collection, Virgin of Guadalupe and Palacio de Bellas Artes (Fine Arts Palace). The Montegrappa exhibition also includes the Città d’Arte Venezia Pen, the Gentleman Fountain Pen, and the Alfa Romeo editions. Without forgetting men’s accessories, we can find the NeroUno collection of watches and cufflinks, which encapsulates the most typical features of Italian style.

Definitely, this will be a place of true revealing where you can appreciate unique designs originated by many years of history, and created by the brightest minds of Italian style and design.

Visit the Montegrappa website

·
Registered
7,152 Posts
I hope to own a Montegrappa FP at some point in time.

Dan
I posted this elsewhere, but recently ordered these two. I own a couple of Montegrappas, and they are delightful pens.

And on that note, I just ordered myself these two today. I am in need of good "daily pens" and other than MBs, Montegrappas are the only pens that fly well.

·
Registered
334 Posts
As I see it today, most likely my next 3 pens will be Montegrappa's:

Memoria Silver Pinstripe
Montegrappa Memoria Pinstripe Silver 07.jpg
Miya Argento Turquoise
Montegrappa Miya Argento Turquoise 01.jpg

and Miya Yellow
Montegrappa Miya Yellow 01.jpg

·
Registered
7,152 Posts
Show us more when you have the time!
Dan
I certainly will! She writes like quite beautifully, and the nib even has some mild flex to it. Although I must admit that the medium Italian nib feels closer to something half-way between fine and medium.

I hope to own a Montegrappa FP at some point in time.

Dan

I cannot recommend them enough -- they are much heftier than your regular fountain pen (think MB 149) and feel *really* solid. I honestly think they are incredibly underrated. I would not be surprised if Montegrappa/Richemont upped their prices in the coming years, given the quality.

·
Registered
334 Posts
...Although I must admit that the medium Italian nib feels closer to something half-way between fine and medium. ...
Can you comment a statement from an Espressione review that the end of the section (where the thread is) has uncomfortably sharp edge? Thanks.

·
Registered
7,152 Posts
Can you comment a statement from an Espressione review that the end of the section (where the thread is) has uncomfortably sharp edge? Thanks.
Honestly, I have not had any such problem. I tried running my fingers around the thread, and even against the silk lining of my jackets to see if there was a problem and it was quite fine.

What style is that?
I believe that's the Parola?

·
Registered
7,152 Posts
Show us more when you have the time!
Dan
I apologize for not doing this earlier, but here are some additional pictures. The Espressione has a rather delightful style to it that I enjoy.

It's a little shorter than the Parola, but I really like the fact that the cap isn't entirely circular. So, it stays in its place when placed on a surface and does not roll. The MB that you see in the pictures below is the 144, for size reference.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
My wife said "Ha Ha!". Happened that she's just beside me and she saw your thread, and she thought I just bought a new pen again!:-d Congrats! I like the color of your pen.

·
Registered
334 Posts
The Espressione is beautiful in every way from box to casing to coloration, how does it write though and feel in the hand?

Is this it?

Amazon.com: Montegrappa Espressione Fountain Pen Black Broad: Office Products
It is but you can find it for $195. Here's a review FPGeeks | Montegrappa Espressione – The Awesome Review that mentioned "annoying sharp edge". Another review on youtube also pointed on the sharp edge (maybe it depends on hand size?) but as whole both reviews gave the pen a high score.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It is but you can find it for $195. Here's a review FPGeeks | Montegrappa Espressione – The Awesome Review that mentioned "annoying sharp edge". Another review on youtube also pointed on the sharp edge (maybe it depends on hand size?) but as whole both reviews gave the pen a high score.
Hey guys, I wrote the review linked to above. If you have any questions about the pen just let me know.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts