WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

I'm new to the forum but would very much appreciate your help and guidance on the following: through a friend who knows a collector who's considering selling of some of his collection to finance a 'price piece', I'm in a position to buy numbered a Monza Calibre 36 Limited Edition in pink gold; the 2002/2003 edition, not the re-edition of last year. All paperwork, box, etc. are present and it seems in perfect state.

He wants to sell them combined with another watch and, while I like both watches, I'm also just getting started and can, realistically, only afford to keep one. I've been trying to do my homework through this forum and find out what a realistic price for this watch could be but they don't seem to have been sold anywhere in a while (nothing on Antiquorum, Ebay, etc.) Does anybody have any clue about a price-range for this watch?

This way I can figure out if I can actually consider keeping one of them! I appreciate your thoughts!

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
Damn.. Calibre11 used to have an article that showed the price for these... but how should I put this... let's hope the asking price is no higher than the 2011 Monza re-edition which in my honest opinion is the best looking one they made.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Damn.. Calibre11 used to have an article that showed the price for these... but how should I put this... let's hope the asking price is no higher than the 2011 Monza re-edition which in my honest opinion is the best looking one they made.
Think it's still there... I havent taken anything down. Can't recall if I had a price though?

Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Think it's still there... I havent taken anything down. Can't recall if I had a price though?

Cheers
Thanks for both your fast responses! I looked up the (great) article from Caliber11 and it indeed lists the new price 8000CHF for the re-edition (though looking at the article not sure if the one I mean was more of a re- re-edition ;) ) .

When you say he shouldn't ask for more for the of the previous edition (this is a numbered one of 150 pink gold pieces as I've understood) do you mean that it should be at par with the regular new (steel?) ones? Though its a combination deal I guess the asking price seems close, or even a bit lower than that (taking into account an assumed price of the other watch involved). If that's the case I guess I could be confident that I could pass it one at same value as I got it for if I decided to stay with the other watch?

Thanks for your views; seems I've right away stumbled on Monza experts :)

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
Hi, David
I was referring to the first article before the 2011 re-edition. I had information on the previous Monzas and I recall price information listed. Maybe I'm not searching it correctly.

~George

Cheers

·
Registered
10 Posts
Followup on this previous thread. I am also interested in what would be considered a reasonable price range for the Monza Calibre 36 Limited Edition in pink gold (2002/2003 edition). Does anyone have a sense of this reasonable price range?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts